NavarreBeachLife.com

FORUMS

Home | Contact Administrator | Rules and Regulations

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:09 am 
Power User
Power User

Interesting article by John Moody ~ Frankly, I agree wholeheartedly with Gov Abbott that the NFL has plenty of its own problems ... it's on the wrong side of morality, patriotism, etc. on a whole lotta issues in the last few years!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/02/ ... games.html

Texas to the NFL: Stop playing games

By John Moody

Published February 17, 2017
FoxNews.com

They say “Don’t mess with Texas” for a reason.

And if the National Football League wants to avoid getting blindsided, it might want to think twice about what that advice means.

Just a week after Houston hosted Super Bowl LI, the League suggested that if the Lone Star State legislature passes a proposed bill requiring people to use the bathroom, locker room or shower rooms and changing room assigned to their biological gender, Texas may forfeit high-profile sports events in the future. Why? Because gay rights groups consider the law tantamount to legalized discrimination against trans-gender people.

The NFL’s threat is nearly identical to one issued by the National Basketball Association and the NCAA, the governing body for collegiate sports, against North Carolina, which has already enacted a similar law.

Earlier this week, Bellwether looked at the nasty standoff between North Carolina’s Republican-controlled legislature and opponents of the law. The NBA moved this year’s All-Star game, slated for Charlotte, to New Orleans, as punishment for North Carolina’s so-called bathroom bill. And the NCAA has threatened to shut the Tar Heel state out of future sports events unless the law, officially known as HR2, is repealed.

North Carolina isn’t backing down, and Texas probably won’t, either, when its bill comes up for a vote next month.

“The far left is out of touch on this issue,” says Texas Republican State Senator Lois Kohlkorst, the bill’s chief sponsor. “What I find frustrating is that most people who say they oppose this bill haven’t even read it.”

A former college athlete, Kohlkorst says that the proposal, formally called SB6 but shorthanded as the bathroom bill, covers more than restrooms. For example, if SB6 fails to become law, a player on the men’s basketball team who self-identifies as female can choose the girls’ locker room to suit up and shower in. She warns, “The thought of 15- and 16 –year-old boys and girls showering together at school is something we should think about.”

Women’s groups are now voicing alarm. “We’re hearing from women, especially rape victims, who are offended and traumatized by the thought of a man being in these most intimate places with them,” Kolkhorst says. “This cuts through party lines and goes to our shared system of values.”

She cites internal polling showing SB6 is favored by every ethnic group in Texas but one: white liberal Democrats.

Certainly, trans-gender people – by which I mean those who have undergone medical alteration to make them what they choose to be – should not endure discrimination. But what about those who have not taken such steps? How should they prove they are the gender they say they are? An anatomy exam? Wouldn’t that be the most humiliating test of all?

The NBA and the NCAA declined to talk last week when I called about the North Carolina law. The NFL has issued a statement saying it is inclusive and opposed to discrimination of any kind, but won’t comment further.

Yet none of these sports associations have opened their players’ locker rooms to the opposite gender. Nor have they taken steps to ensure that spectators can enter any bathroom in the stadiums where their games are played.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott thinks the NFL is sticking its faceguard where it doesn’t belong. “The NFL has its own problems,” Abbott told Bill Hemmer on Fox News Channel. “The NFL coddled players who refused to stand for the National Anthem. The NFL has its own problems with regards to violence against women. The last thing the NFL needs to do is tell states how to operate.”

NFL referees are pretty good at recognizing offside, when one team wanders into an opponent’s space. Perhaps a quick glance in the mirror would help end this latest, unnecessary scrimmage, and help everyone make the right call.

John Moody is Executive Vice President, Executive Editor for Fox News. A former Vatican correspondent and Rome bureau chief for Time magazine, he is the author of four books, including "Pope John Paul II : Biography."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/02/ ... games.html

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:38 am 
Power User
Power User

I say Governor Abbott and the Texans tell the NFL to go straight to hell! The fact that this whole issue is even an issue shows me how incredibly screwed up we are as a country. The media and the homosexual agenda have taken this to absurd and morally and ethically bankrupt positions. This whole transgender BS is just that. My gosh, you would think that this craziness is some sort of virus that has caught on. Suddenly you can now just wake up and "identify" yourself as another gender and boom, you are one!! If that is the case, then I am a Blue Angels pilot. Anyone want to come out and see me fly???? :evil: Insanity. The thought of a a dude walking into a women's room because this fruitcake thinks he is now a woman is truly insanity. Same with a woman walking into a men's room.

Of course, my prediction is, Bob McNair a devout Christian, will bow to the NFL being an owner and wanting the money the Super Bowl brings into the city. I hope that is not the case and he sees the bigger picture here.

Btw...if you have followed the recent Boy Scouts activity in the news...first we had the Boy Scouts openly accepting practicing members and leaders. Bad enough right? Recipe for disaster. Now they are accepting "transgendered." Guess what? They are very close to completely losing any virtues they ever had because they are about to accept girls. Which begs the question, why not just join the Girl Scouts. Because the homosexual and progrssive/liberal agenda wants everyone to be whatever they want to be at the time. One World Order/......no distinctions between the genders. Truly satanic and insanity.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:30 am 
Power User
Power User

PensacolaKid wrote:
Btw...if you have followed the recent Boy Scouts activity in the news...first we had the Boy Scouts openly accepting practicing members and leaders. Bad enough right? Recipe for disaster. Now they are accepting "transgendered." Guess what? They are very close to completely losing any virtues they ever had because they are about to accept girls. Which begs the question, why not just join the Girl Scouts. Because the homosexual and progrssive/liberal agenda wants everyone to be whatever they want to be at the time. One World Order/......no distinctions between the genders. Truly satanic and insanity.

As a participant in Boys Scouts growing up, achieving Eagle rank - and my father having founded and served as cubmaster/scoutmaster for a pack and a troop in two different towns (the first when I was too young to even participate) - I read with interest a communication I received from the local Gulf Coast Council stating that membership had dropped from around 8,000 to about 4,000 (now approaching 5,000 again) over the issue.
Also, a troop sponsored by a local church moved to another church when the first church (at a national conclave) approved same-sex "marriage".
While BSA national now does not exclude, a troop sponsored by a church can impose restrictions in line with that sponsoring church's beliefs and practices (at least so far?).
Side info I read somewhere - something like 40% of all Boy Scout Troops in the US are sponsored by CJC-LDS (Mormon).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:51 am 
Power User
Power User

The Boy Scouts of today, do not in any way, shape or form resemble the Boy Scouts of yesteryear. Then again, there is a boatload of things that the left and progressiveism has turned on it's head. To them...what was wrong is now right. What was immoral is now moral. What was unethical, is now ethical. What was up, is now down.

And people argue that the left is not responsible for where our country is today. I beg to differ.