NavarreBeachLife.com

FORUMS

Home | Contact Administrator | Rules and Regulations

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:11 am 
Power User
Power User

Yesterday as I was watching the coverage of the latest winter storm, one of the newscasters had Joe Bastardi, a very recognized Meteorologist on the phone with him. As they were discussing this winter weather, ol Joe said that he predicts this coming Hurricane season will be an active one.

I perused some data and found that really with the exception of a couple of Cat 1's to include Sandy on the Atlantic Coast, there really has been a drop in tropical activity along the Gulf Coast since 2005.

Obviously anything can happen but statistics and probabilities more than likely indicate we are due.

For those living along the Gulf Coast, especially the eastern half of the Gulf Coast, probably not a bad idea at this point in time to get a container and just stock it will some supplies, seal it and put it away. I could eat my words but a storm making it clear across the Gulf and hitting Texas is unlikely compared to other locales. Just don't have as much history and weather moves west to east. Hard to get something over here, although I would so much prefer a hurricane hitting here rather than the prettier side of the Gulf.