SCOUTS ON THE WATER

Kayak & canoe rentals, kayaking , paddle boarding, and canoeing at Navarre Beach, Santa Rosa Sound, Area Rivers, kayak adventures, kayak fishing reports and kayak fishing tournaments. Post your kayaking, paddle boarding and canoeing photos and experiences here.

Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:05 am

We had a group of Boy Scouts go out on our Kayak Eco-Tour the other Thursday.

Scouts Returning From Eco-Tour

We had 29 scouts and leaders and did 3 tours with the guys. Started at 6:30 AM and finished at 4:30 PM.

Kevin Maye, our main fishing and eco-tour guide, did the first and third Eco-Tour and I did the second.

All the guys were great and seemed to have a good time. In addition to the sights and sounds of Santa Rosa Sound’s ecosystems, tidal ponds, secondary dune systems and shore birds, we had fun doing Kayak Watermelon Relays and then ate the watermelon.

I think the scouts slept good that night, I know I did !

Reddish Egret at One of the Tidal Ponds.

See ya on the water,

KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:12 am

Awesome, K-Dave! I'm sure a lot of fun was had by all! Something those guys will remember and tell their kids and grandchildren!

:D
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
David
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Many of my fondest memories are from scouting from, Cub through Explorer and later as a leader and post advisor. Scouts had a lot to do with my bond with God and Nature.

Though not as intense as it used to be, it is still a great program for our youth. Wish more were participants these days.

Glad that the Scouts are taking advantage of your offering Kayak, wish I had been along. I'm sure you enjoyed as much as they did.

Go get um, Dave!
David

Return to “Navarre Beach Kayaking, Paddle Boarding & Canoeing”