WEDDING ENGAGEMENT KAYAK TRIP

Kayak & canoe rentals, kayaking , paddle boarding, and canoeing at Navarre Beach, Santa Rosa Sound, Area Rivers, kayak adventures, kayak fishing reports and kayak fishing tournaments. Post your kayaking, paddle boarding and canoeing photos and experiences here.

Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:15 pm

I had Michael call the other day about renting 2 kayaks for a sunset trip. He went on to say he was planning on proposing marriage to his girlfriend an wondered if I had any ideas.
The first thing that came to mind was to get them out on a double kayak (aka divorce boat) for a couple hours then see if he still wanted to pop the question!
I was just joking but he could see the humor in it. So my next idea was to take a cooler with some champagne strawberries and chocolate to an area where they would be stopping. He liked the idea so just before they arrived I took the cooler out to stopping point and hid it in the tall grass.
They went out on 2 single kayaks and I headed over to pier bar to wait for their return. From the causeway just after sunset, I saw them paddling back and they were staying close to each other, so I figured she said yes!
When they got back they were both glowing and happy and she had agreed to his proposal.

Daena shwing off her new ring.

We went back to Pier afterword and had a drink to celebrate.

Daena showing her new Bling, which was really pretty and sparkly.

Mike and Daena haven't set a date yet, but it will be after mike comes back from his Navy tour in Afganistan, so everybody wish him(them) good luck!

KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:12 am

Hey, Dave!
What a sweet love story! Indeed, our prayers will be with Mike and Daena!

Blessings,
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
lona_2

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:55 am

Wow! It seems nice to hear. I never thought about it. I should take a trip.

WARNING: HYPER LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR. SPAM HYPERLINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING FOREIGN AND/OR UNRELATED LINKS.
Thank you!
The Moderator

Return to “Navarre Beach Kayaking, Paddle Boarding & Canoeing”