New Hotel on the beach

Photos and Discussion of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn Hotel, and planned construction of another Hotel planned for the existing site destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 2004 and Hurricane Dennis on 2005. Info about the 1978 movie Jaws 2, which much of the film was filmed at Navarre Beach in the 1970’s. The actors and crew used the old Holiday Inn as their headquarters.
livinglarge
Power User
Power User

Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 am

As work started on the new beach hotel?
Whats the hold up
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:19 am

Hotel? Where?
Nidrah

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:28 am

I would like to know the status as well. (And if anyone is willing to keep us posted as it progresses, I would appreciate it.)

It's my understanding (and I might be wrong) that this hotel will be in the spot of the old Holiday Inn, east of Navarre Towers?

While I do like the idea of a beach side hotel, I worry about crowding. Navarre Towers and Belle Mer (where we stayed last year) have the perfect amount of people during the busiest times. I would hate to turn that area into the mess of a crowd that is at Summerwind .

If the location is true, I would also hate to hear construction going on while I'm vacationing.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:41 am

http://www.navarrebeachlife.com/forums/ ... .php?f=123

As far as I can find --- this (the above link) is still the latest info. No new permits found on a search of county permits since those issued in early 2014. As far as I can tell, these permits are still active. To do a more extensive search you can go to http://www.santarosa.fl./gov and find 'permits'. The project name is Holiday Inn Express, 8375 Gulf Boulevard, Navarre, FL 32566.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/local/santa ... l-1.221996

http://www.santarosa.fl.gov/agendas/10.24.13backup.pdf
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:00 am

I agree Nidrah! The reason love Navarre so much is the lack of crowds. Even the crowds by the pier in mid-summer is too much for me.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:10 am

FROM THE ADMINISTRATOR

Please post your messages under the correct forum. This topic should be located under the old Holiday Inn Location forum. Therefore, I am moving this topic to the correct forum.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:40 am

Yep, should they build a new hotel on the old hotel site, then the crowd population will absolutely increase but hey, the East side of Navarre Beach is where it's at!!! It is the, "happenin'" locale for the Navarre Beach beach lovers. It doesn't get any better than the east side and more people should rent from that end!!!!!
rexy

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 pm

Checked 8375 Gulf Boulevard on Google, it shows a large area of sand on the left just before the first bend going west from the pier, but up on 98 about 2 miles west of 87 on the left a large construction is going up looking like a hotel.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:11 pm

rexy,

The large construction on Navarre Parkway (US Highway 98) is for an apartment complex. This construction discussion should be on the Navarre Mainland forum - not on the Navarre Beach Area forums.

To All Forum Members

My background after college was in journalism-publishing of books. That's why the NBL Forum appears to be like a book with chapters and sub-chapters being substituted for forums and sub-forums. Otherwise, the forum becomes another design like Facebook where there is no order and very difficult to find posts and photos after a 24 hour period.

I realize that we have a lot of forum(s) on the website with over 48,000 posts and over 6,566 topics. Can you imagine the confusion of trying to read the Bible with no Books (Chapters) and no verses?

By posting your messages on the correct forum it enables folks to find information easier when they use the SEARCH TOOL.

Thanking you in advance.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
livinglarge
Power User
Power User

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:18 am

Sorry Kenny, in the future I will post in the correct forum.

Roll Tide !! football anyway
GO BIG BLUE !! Basketball
HiTide

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:57 pm

I know this may not be the best place to ask the question, but being it is across the street from the Old Holiday Inn site, I'm going to ask it here.
Any how earlier in the fall while walking the dogs along the north side of Beach Blvd. I notice what looked to be survey flags randomly placed in the lot across from old hotel site. Fast forward to this past weekend 12-13-14 there is orange construction fencing around the grouping of the survey flags.
Any thoughts on what may have been discovered and marked ?

Thks
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:21 pm

HiTide wrote:I know this may not be the best place to ask the question, but being it is across the street from the Old Holiday Inn site, I'm going to ask it here.
Any how earlier in the fall while walking the dogs along the north side of Beach Blvd. I notice what looked to be survey flags randomly placed in the lot across from old hotel site. Fast forward to this past weekend 12-13-14 there is orange construction fencing around the grouping of the survey flags.
Any thoughts on what may have been discovered and marked ?

Thks
Good question.

If you can go by it again, is there any kind of safety at work or other signage up for that other side of the road? It's the open space between utility drive (next to the water company), and Paradise Point Drive, right? I don't recall there being anything on the north side of Gulf Blvd right there pre-Ivan...

I know there is the bench and trees as a rest spot... Someone please correct me...
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
HiTide

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:38 pm

No other signage, the area is east of the bench but closer to Paradise Point Dr.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:41 pm

HiTide wrote:No other signage, the area is east of the bench but closer to Paradise Point Dr.
Thanks for that. Maybe more apartments going in?
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:34 am

Just guessing - does the NB Water & Sewer main line run on the north side of Gulf Blvd.?
I'm guessing so, as that appears to be the side of the road where the lift stations are located up and down the island? Could this be work on re-connecting the water/sewer for the new hotel (at old Holiday Inn site)?
Last edited by Pete on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “Navarre Beach Hotel Planned At the Old Holiday Inn Property”