Grand Opening - Springhill Suites and Beach House Bar & Gril

Photos and Discussion of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn Hotel, and planned construction of another Hotel planned for the existing site destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 2004 and Hurricane Dennis on 2005. Info about the 1978 movie Jaws 2, which much of the film was filmed at Navarre Beach in the 1970’s. The actors and crew used the old Holiday Inn as their headquarters.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 am

Not sure why I am on mailing list but got e-mail that Springhill Suites and Beach House Bar and Grill having Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting - tomorrow, Saturday, June 17th - 11 AM to 4 PM.
States there will be Music and Tours?
3f8b8416-b735-4240-8587-d667f039a557.png
3f8b8416-b735-4240-8587-d667f039a557.png (2.47 MiB) Viewed 4896 times
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:28 am

Beach House Bar and Grill menu from last night (not my photos - shamelessly taken from Facebook):
Attachments
nbfood.jpg
nbfood.jpg (66.46 KiB) Viewed 4888 times
nbdrink.jpg
nbdrink.jpg (67.8 KiB) Viewed 4888 times
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Good to see menu. No oysters?? :roll:
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:22 pm

redchaz57 wrote:Good to see menu. No oysters?? :roll:
It is what it is.

The word I have from two people who visited the place yesterday is that it is nice, but ...

"A place for the special occasion dinner, not somewhere for everyday dining."
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:49 am

Have to say menu doesn't appear to be very "beachy" for a "Beach House Bar & Grill".
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:58 am

Pete wrote:Have to say menu doesn't appear to be very "beachy" for a "Beach House Bar & Grill".
Yep, and no published prices on the menu has always meant "PRICEY", in my experience!!

:shock:
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:48 pm

AngelGirl wrote:
Pete wrote:Have to say menu doesn't appear to be very "beachy" for a "Beach House Bar & Grill".
Yep, and no published prices on the menu has always meant "PRICEY", in my experience!!

:shock:
The prices are the numbers off to the edge. So its $9 for chips and blue cheese queso...
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Oh - OK - now that I'm looking via laptop, I see them. ;)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:42 am

Did stop out for the "tour"/look-around yesterday about 1-1:30 PM. Beautiful place.
Also, crazy crowded - in addition to the hotel/restaurant guests - all of us "locals" having a look-see.
Talked to 4-5 that I knew.

Only guest room type open for tour was a main floor "over-sized" - stated to be over 400-square feet, would sleep six - two queen beds and a pull out couch.
They stated the "standard" room was about 300- ft.2. Gulf side rooms on floors 2 and above have balconies, as do 20 of the island side rooms.

Two very nice meeting rooms, has exercise room, indoor very large "spa/pool" - very nice outdoor pool-lazy river. (Gets me that all that weight is suspended 20-feet up - but gives for great views over the berm.
Small gift shop, lobby breakfast bar and small bar with seating. Berm walkover with stairs and handicapped ramps. Sand "playground" enclosed on all sides so kids don't walk off.

Restaurant/bar has both indoor and deck seating (deck on west side - could be warm in late PM.).
For the first couple of weeks - lunch and dinner only. Lunch menu is more "beachy" - sandwiches and such. Will post pics of the menus they gave me later.
Will have to try - but not until a month from now or so.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:38 am

Pete wrote:Did stop out for the "tour"/look-around yesterday about 1-1:30 PM. Beautiful place.
Also, crazy crowded - in addition to the hotel/restaurant guests - all of us "locals" having a look-see.
Talked to 4-5 that I knew.

Only guest room type open for tour was a main floor "over-sized" - stated to be over 400-square feet, would sleep six - two queen beds and a pull out couch.
They stated the "standard" room was about 300- ft.2. Gulf side rooms on floors 2 and above have balconies, as do 20 of the island side rooms.

Two very nice meeting rooms, has exercise room, indoor very large "spa/pool" - very nice outdoor pool-lazy river. (Gets me that all that weight is suspended 20-feet up - but gives for great views over the berm.
Small gift shop, lobby breakfast bar and small bar with seating. Berm walkover with stairs and handicapped ramps. Sand "playground" enclosed on all sides so kids don't walk off.

Restaurant/bar has both indoor and deck seating (deck on west side - could be warm in late PM.).
For the first couple of weeks - lunch and dinner only. Lunch menu is more "beachy" - sandwiches and such. Will post pics of the menus they gave me later.
Will have to try - but not until a month from now or so.
Sounds like a typical hotel.

I'll be trying it in two weeks (when I am next there).
Trader

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:36 pm

What's a Beach Bar and Grill without Mojitos? No Crab Claws, snooze. Grouper and Red Snapper would be nice as well.

Return to “Navarre Beach Hotel Planned At the Old Holiday Inn Property”