A Navarre Beach Trivia Question

Photos and Discussion of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn Hotel, and planned construction of another Hotel planned for the existing site destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 2004 and Hurricane Dennis on 2005. Info about the 1978 movie Jaws 2, which much of the film was filmed at Navarre Beach in the 1970’s. The actors and crew used the old Holiday Inn as their headquarters.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:21 am

David,

I am at a loss as to what Marion's Bait and Tackle used to be prior to the antique shop! Did it have something to do with Real Estate? I know I was in there plenty when it was a B&T and it was very very small! I can not foresee them keeping it there with it being as small as it is and located where it is. Someone will buy the house and land and put up another strip mall or another nationally known real estate franchise.

Does anyone else have any memories of getting a drink at the bar within the Holidome and taking it up on the half moom deck outside and just above the pool? Did anyone ever visit the oyster bar in there or the "club" they used to have?

Has anyone ever visited the Seville Quarter with Rosie O' Grady's and other clubs within, in Pensacola? Man, we used to hang there all the time. There and NIGHTOWN in Destin, which is still there and still goes by the same name. That means it is at least 30 years old! Incredible!
Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:51 pm

David Kimrey wrote:P'cola Kid.

Yep, pretty darn close! There was a pavillion to the East of the old pier. Understand there used to be lots of local (Navarre, Holly folks and few tourist) activity there with bands etc. on the weekends. Kind of like The Pad started in the area North of Myrtle Beach, S. C. . Now those are some memories!! There is an airiel picture somewhere that shows the pavillion and pier.

I had to check with John and Deb(Navarre's first airbrush artists), and in our addled memories the name of the club was Mr. Christians. It had a package store,pooltables,beach volleyball by a great outdoor deck and bands on the wkends. The pavilion had burgers and hot dogs,soft drinks and inflatable rentals. There was also showers,bathrooms and possibly a gift shop. I also remember the parking lot as being a pretty wild place at nite. Never new for sure why the county leveled the whole thing. Can anybody come up with that factoid? I would love to see some of those pics from back then.
KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:53 am

kykdave,

You know, the more I think about that name (Mr. Christians), the more certain I am that indeed that was the name. Wow, what a memory!

:? Now, can anyone name what the first buildings, establishments, businesses, etc., that went up on 98 east or west of the bridge. In other words, starting as far back as say 1975, which went up first???
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:36 pm

And here I'm having trouble with last night.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:51 pm

;-) That's funny, BG! How are you, kiddo? Hope to see ya before Christmas! :-)

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:17 pm

Tis the season to be stressed out. I'll be OK after Dec 3.

Return to “Navarre Beach Hotel Planned At the Old Holiday Inn Property”