Holiday Inn Trivia Questions

Photos and Discussion of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn Hotel, and planned construction of another Hotel planned for the existing site destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 2004 and Hurricane Dennis on 2005. Info about the 1978 movie Jaws 2, which much of the film was filmed at Navarre Beach in the 1970’s. The actors and crew used the old Holiday Inn as their headquarters.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:06 am

Wish I had the answers to these and in fact, there are a bunch of people over here in Texas that are looking for the answers. If you know them or have them...speak up!

What was the name of the Oyster Bar in the Holiday Inn. (it was not there very long...maybe 2-3 years)

What was the name of the Comedy Club that was there? (again, not there very long)

What was the name of the bar that was located on the eastern wall of the pool area? (great strawberry daiquiri's)

What was the name of the little soda shop/hamburger place, next to the bar?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:57 am

I have been told via a friend in Pensacola that the Hamburger shop in the pool area was called....

The Yellow Submarine! Sorry...does not show up very well. The Yellow Submarine

Sound familiar to anyone/everyone?
dolfnfan
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Yes it does! There was a Yellow Submarine in the dome. It was by the arcade. Now, what was the name of that video game arcade??
Sleep late, drive fast and don't take anything seriously...
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:09 am

Dolfnfan,

Dadgummit.....now you've gone and added another element to my already frustrated self, trying to figure out all these names!!!!!!
Krifmhu

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:50 am

I like it this much, then it would have occupied.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:16 pm

Most importantly what was the name of JAWS?

Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:50 am

Bruce I do believe.
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:53 pm

"Flaws" is what it was known as during filming because of the numerous mechanical issues they had.
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:34 pm

There was the Tropics Restaurant, the Island Club Lounge, the Paradise Pool Bar, and the Oasis Bar.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:44 am

Those do indeed ring some bells Southernbreeze. I remember the lounge and at one time they held comedy nights in there....turned it into a comedy club.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Today while cleaning out some old files, I came across a layout of the old Holiday Inn on an advertisement for Fabienne Boutique ~ "a unique collection of resort and beach wear ...". Other establishments listed are:
The Tropics Restaurant, The Island Club Lounge, The Oasis Bar, Tropics Pizzeria, The Paradise Pool Bar, Pelican Room, Flamingo Room, Macaw Room, Toucan Room, Sandpiper Room and the Greenhouse Promenade ... sounds like they had a tropical bird theme goin' on!! :)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:06 am

Ahhh - Memories.
And, as I recall, for less than $100/room/night (maybe even $70-80, back in 1987-89? Wonder what that would translate in today's $$$???)
p.s. might be cool to scan in that old layout?
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:51 am

Steven Spielberg gave the world "Bruce", the prop that was used to make "Jaws" in 1975.
From  -Jaws- - Bruce the Shark.JPG
From -Jaws- - Bruce the Shark.JPG (45.63 KiB) Viewed 3269 times
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:43 am

Pete wrote:Ahhh - Memories.
..... p.s. might be cool to scan in that old layout?
Here it is --- sorry to be so long in getting to this. We've been going to school, getting licensed in a new state and opening a new office so I have been running like a chicken w/its head wrung off (yes, I've seen that happen --- couldn't eat chicken for at least 10 years after witnessing it, either!!)

Don't know where I found this chart ... but it seems accurate for those times, if memory serves:
Old HI Room Chart - NB, FL.JPG
Old HI Room Chart - NB, FL.JPG (121.66 KiB) Viewed 3164 times
AngelGirl

Return to “Navarre Beach Hotel Planned At the Old Holiday Inn Property”