Hotel Indigo to replace Holiday Inn?!?

Photos and Discussion of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn Hotel, and planned construction of another Hotel planned for the existing site destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 2004 and Hurricane Dennis on 2005. Info about the 1978 movie Jaws 2, which much of the film was filmed at Navarre Beach in the 1970’s. The actors and crew used the old Holiday Inn as their headquarters.
wynderkind

Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:07 pm

I've been lurking on this forum for years trying to get news about the fate of the now-destroyed Holiday Inn that I so loved as a child. Today I found some information on the net (old info, but info nonetheless) concerning the property.

------------
From http://www.beachcolonynavarre.com

April 16th, 2010

Upscale Hotel Planned for Navarre Beach. Hotel Indigo, a 160 room botique-style entity, complete with gourmet dining, is in the planning stages according to Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG), owner of the Holiday Inn brand. (There is also a Hotel Indigo located on Pensacola Beach on Ft. Pickens Road). The new location will be at the site of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn. The company plans to complete the project in late 2011.
--------------

Honestly, I certainly HOPE this is not the case. Hotel Indigo is quite far out of my family's price range, and the brand seems to be more adult-oriented and "fancy" as opposed to family-friendly and casual... I really just wish they would rebuild the old Holidome hotel!

Thoughts?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:41 am

Me too!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:56 am

In agreement w/you guys ... They must be getting a different spin on the demographics of the area if they think it can support the likes of an Indigo, imho.

:roll:
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:32 am

Maybe someone could contact the IHG group and inform them that Navarre Beach is more of a family beach .... if ppl want to pay $199 a night for a hotel room, they could stay at Pensacola Beach. I just want the old Holiday Inn back .... with the Mom's Day brunch buffet, etc.

Completion in 2011? I don't think one shovel of sand has been turned over yet ..... that's not much time to build a big hotel. :roll:
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:52 am

It seems that if you add an upscale hotel to a family beach atmosphere and add the present economy to it.....that does not sound financially sound to me. Dumber things have happened though.
electriceddie

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:59 am

It seems to me that some sort of building activity would have already commenced if the goal was late 2011. Maybe they decided it wasn't such a good financial idea in these times. Or maybe they are waiting for The Obaminator to make his State of the Union in Disrepair speech this eveningLOL! How is your recovery going Kid?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:26 pm

The shoulder is, I suppose, coming along electriceddie. Thanks for asking. As I may have mentioned before, my Ortho Surgeon and a few others I have spoken with, said the Shoulder is THE toughest rehab of any part of the body. They spoke with straight tongue! I have pretty good range of motion for being 2 months post-op but I can move a certain way and WOWWW.....a new experience in pain! Overall, not bad tho!
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:33 pm

I am sure the thought of fishing at the Navarre Pier keeps you motivated?!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Yes, lvthebch.....I am indeed looking forward to that pier fishing and I will be ready and able....the good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise!
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:32 pm

:D
Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:34 am

I seem to remember this article in the navarre press, if they allowed free access to their archives, I could refer to it!!
I haven't heard anything else or seen any sign of activity on the property. Doing a search for 8375 GULF BLVD on the county permit site, there are no permits for this address. also the prop appraiser site shows
HOLI CORP
C/O AMERICAN FIDELITY LIFE
4060 BARRANCAS AVE
PENSACOLA, FL 32507-3467
as the owner of this property.

Like most of the old Holiday Inn fans I would love to see them rebuild the Inn like it used to be. But we all know nothing is built "the way it used to be"
I too hope for a family type motel where the "working class" that supports Navarre could afford to a night or two of our island paradise.
KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com
jwilson54

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:41 am

PensacolaKid wrote:The shoulder is, I suppose, coming along electriceddie. Thanks for asking. As I may have mentioned before, my Ortho Surgeon and a few others I have spoken with, said the Shoulder is THE toughest rehab of any part of the body. They spoke with straight tongue! I have pretty good range of motion for being 2 months post-op but I can move a certain way and WOWWW.....a new experience in pain! Overall, not bad tho!

Had my shoulder done in '07,and I can say it is better now than before.Just do the therapy and it will all work out great for you.Just don't get over anxious :lol:
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:56 am

jwilson54,

Thank you for your post. I am getting very suspect and nervous about not progressing further than where I am right now and wondering if in my eagerness to get back to normal, I may have injured, torn or otherwise done something to keep it from being further along than where I am. I still have an incredible amount of stiffness and tightness when moving certain ways. He did say that he sinched me up pretty tight and I am hoping I have not developed scar tissue that is preventing me from going further. At times it almost feels like I hit nerves in there when I move certain ways and other times it feels like it gets stuck until I pop it or move it a certain way. Any of this sound familiar?
jwilson54

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:14 am

Yes it all does. My rehab lasted 6 mos.,I didn't feel "normal" until about 1 year.Now 4 years out,I still feel the effects of weather,and nightly stiffness and neck pain,but during the day it feels great.
jwilson54

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:19 am

I should also say that I have full ROM,and am stronger in that arm than the other.My Doctor is also the Colts team ortho surgeon and he kept telling me Elway won the superbowl after his surgery.I told him Elway could afford the best,he didn't find that amusing :D

Return to “Navarre Beach Hotel Planned At the Old Holiday Inn Property”