Hotel Indigo to replace Holiday Inn?!?

Photos and Discussion of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn Hotel, and planned construction of another Hotel planned for the existing site destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 2004 and Hurricane Dennis on 2005. Info about the 1978 movie Jaws 2, which much of the film was filmed at Navarre Beach in the 1970’s. The actors and crew used the old Holiday Inn as their headquarters.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:36 am

jwilson54 wrote:....My Doctor is also the Colts team ortho surgeon and he kept telling me Elway won the superbowl after his surgery.I told him Elway could afford the best,he didn't find that amusing :D
God bless 'em! Most doctors can't take jokes ... that's part of the pre-med course!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:44 am

Thank you for that encouraging note. I guess I just pride myself on being a bit more resilient and responsive than my body actually is? Perhaps the 4-6 month period for rehab is true. I just thought I could do it in 2-3! I will say the Wisconsin cold, ice and snow of the last 2 weeks (working there), did not make it feel any better! How those people live in that stuff for that length of time, baffles me!!!
Navarrebeacher
Power User
Power User

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:22 pm

Good health, long life and prosperity to all posters. Back to the Indigo.
The back owed ad valorum taxes tax since 2006 on the old Holidome leased site is over 2 million dollars on a property that has a appraised value of just over 9 million.
That plus they pay a $125,000 beach restorations fee per yr, plus lease fees and I am told pay over a $3,000 water bill per month to keep the water hook up rights to the rented property. If the property was sold at a tax deed sale like some properties have recently sold on NB for back taxes. The new leaseholder would be stuck with a new water hookup of over a million dollars plus a business impact fee to SRC, plus the auction price of the lease before they even considered a business venture on that rented property.
In the old days the Holidome was a big asset to NB. Folks that stayed a weekend or night usually came back for a longer stay on the next trip. Condos rentals, house rentals, tourist industry workers and the county gained greatly from its presence.
I like most posters miss the old Holidome and the memories.
Last edited by Navarrebeacher on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waterlogged

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Really? Complaining about an Indigo replacing the old HI? Folks the Holidome is long gone, it not coming back.

I like the Indigo line of hotels, and in my opinion, they are not unreasonably priced.

It will look a lot better than the chain-link fence and flag pole that is out there now.....

If you want something for the working class, let's just put up a Red Roof Inn....
Navarrebeacher
Power User
Power User

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:18 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:It seems that if you add an upscale hotel to a family beach atmosphere and add the present economy to it.....that does not sound financially sound to me. Dumber things have happened though.

Agreed. Adding any type of hotel or commercial development on NB does not sound financially sound under present leasehold, tax and economic conditions. Also add the fixed costs as discussed in my prior post, plus a 18% interest penalty for back taxes and any job and profit producing development of that great property does not look very good.
Perhaps when (and if) fee simple title is granted to NB leaseholders financial opportunities will improve on NB. I hope so. :roll:

Return to “Navarre Beach Hotel Planned At the Old Holiday Inn Property”