What happenedto the Becky Evans beautification pjt. on98?

Photos and Discussion of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn Hotel, and planned construction of another Hotel planned for the existing site destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 2004 and Hurricane Dennis on 2005. Info about the 1978 movie Jaws 2, which much of the film was filmed at Navarre Beach in the 1970’s. The actors and crew used the old Holiday Inn as their headquarters.
lucky1975

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:35 pm

I hear alot about the project for the causeway, which will be really nice.
How about using the Palms that are at the old Holiday Inn? Think they would
donate them? Looks like they are on county right of way? Are they?
My real question is, What ever happened to the Becky Evans project on
Hwy. 98? The medians are looking OK. but it could be better. There was \
alot of buzz when she passed away and they did a so so job of putting plants to spruce it up, but it does need some help.
There used to be a fence in front of the park to keep kids from wandering out on to 98. Will that ever be put back up?
:D
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:46 pm

Lucky1975,

Forgive my ignorance but who was Becky Evans? Where was the Becky Evans project to be located and what was it?
lucky1975

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi, she was the wife of the owner of Florida Coast Realty. I am sure you have seen his signs all over town. She passed away a few Christmas' ago at a Christmas function. She was speaking and then she passed out while giving a speech telling everyone how thankful she was. She had an annerism (sp?) if I am not mistaken. It took everybody by surprise. She was loved by alot of people. Then they came up with the idea of fixing the mediana in her honor. I just don't think it was ever seen completely through or they ran out of money.
Krifmhu

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:49 am

I am very glad to have come across this article.

Return to “Navarre Beach Hotel Planned At the Old Holiday Inn Property”