Indoor Pools?

Photos and Discussion of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn Hotel, and planned construction of another Hotel planned for the existing site destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 2004 and Hurricane Dennis on 2005. Info about the 1978 movie Jaws 2, which much of the film was filmed at Navarre Beach in the 1970’s. The actors and crew used the old Holiday Inn as their headquarters.
akaggie

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18 am

Do any of the condos on Navarre Beach have indoor pools? We are looking at traveling in March and my daughter will want to swim, but I'm afraid even a heated outdoor pool will be too cool.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 am

There are no indoor pools at condos at Navarre Beach. And I do not know of any beach houses at Navarre Beach that have an indoor pool.

There is a proposed new Holiday Inn (or other brand to be decided) for Navarre Beach to replace the old Holiday Inn that was destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 16, 2004. The old Holiday Inn had an indoor heated pool. In a few weeks we might know if the plans call for an outdoor pool or indoor pool.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
beachmama

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:50 am

We will be there at end of March.I never even thought about it being to cold to swim.Kids won't like that.Now I'm worried!!!
I dig my toes into the sand......
dolfnfan
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 am

beachmama wrote:We will be there at end of March.I never even thought about it being to cold to swim.Kids won't like that.Now I'm worried!!!

Yeah, the water will still be chilly in March. The weather will be warm, but the water doesn't get comfortable until mid-late April and it doesn't get good and warm until mid-late May.
Sleep late, drive fast and don't take anything seriously...
Navarrebeacher
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:29 pm

Wouldn't it be great to have the old Holiday Inn/Holidome back on NB?
During the off season they could set up a membership type of use of pool and ancilliary facilities and offer it to Management Companies for guest use.
I have seen it work in South Florida. Check in and guests are given a 7 day punch card pass with a temporary membership fee. I think it would work well for Hotels and Tourist Property managers in Navarre.
Am I am just a dreamer or what?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:30 pm

We've seen it work, too. Matter of fact, that was a regular practice of the chain of Holiday Inns the company we used to work for owned. It helped defray maintenance costs which continue whether there are guests or not!

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:05 am

Navarrebeacher wrote:Wouldn't it be great to have the old Holiday Inn/Holidome back on NB?
During the off season they could set up a membership type of use of pool and ancilliary facilities and offer it to Management Companies for guest use.
I have seen it work in South Florida. Check in and guests are given a 7 day punch card pass with a temporary membership fee. I think it would work well for Hotels and Tourist Property managers in Navarre.
Am I am just a dreamer or what?

Great Idea!
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?

Return to “Navarre Beach Hotel Planned At the Old Holiday Inn Property”