Old Holiday Inn Photos

Photos and Discussion of the old Navarre Beach Holiday Inn Hotel, and planned construction of another Hotel planned for the existing site destroyed by Hurricane Ivan on September 2004 and Hurricane Dennis on 2005. Info about the 1978 movie Jaws 2, which much of the film was filmed at Navarre Beach in the 1970’s. The actors and crew used the old Holiday Inn as their headquarters.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:22 pm

Please post your old Holiday Inn photos here.

ImagePhoto I found searching the Google search engine
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:43 am

Ironically, those palm trees there in the forefront of the picture are still there. They held up to some mighty powerful winds. Dang hurricane's.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:42 am

Don't those trees look a lot sadder today than a decade ago?

This from Google Maps:

bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Yes they do and so do those flag poles! :(
Christmas without Christ is just a mess.

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 am

As I mentioned in a post the other day, Las Vegas is experiencing some horrible times financially. That is indeed a destination city. With the Blue's being cancelled and gas going through the roof (and no telling what is in store), I wonder if the power's to be for the new hotel are monitoring the fiscal situation and speculating as to what may be in store for the country. I know I would be. When things get worse and they will, as it is not a matter of, "if"....will this effect the permits and construction dates.
russelljackson

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:44 pm

What a blast from the past. I stayed in that Holiday Inn with my parents I would say 1982, maybe 1983. I had just finished my Freshman year in high school. I remember it was just about the only thing on the island at the time. Maybe it just seemed like it.

We've been going to SGI for years, but coming back to Navarre in a few weeks. It'll be my first trip back since way back then! Next time I'm at my moms, I know we have some good pictures of the Holiday Inn, especially the inside. I'll scan them in and post.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:23 pm

russelljackson wrote:We've been going to SGI for years, but coming back to Navarre in a few weeks. It'll be my first trip back since way back then! Next time I'm at my moms, I know we have some good pictures of the Holiday Inn, especially the inside. I'll scan them in and post.
Welcome back to Navarre!

I look forward to your scans.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:34 am

Welcome to the NB Life Forums, Russ!! ;) We look forward to those photo scans ... you'll find lots of Holiday Inn-NB fans on this site for sure!

Blessings,
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Navarre Beach Hotel Planned At the Old Holiday Inn Property”