FORUMS

Home | Contact Administrator | Rules and Regulations

It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Friend in Afghanistan
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:54 am 
Power User
Power User

Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!
For the price of a single first class USPS stamp…

A friend of mine who is also a recent university graduate is serving with the US army in Afghanistan and is feeling rather lonely out there. He would love to have a letter or a post card to remind him of home.

Can you take a minute to drop a card, or short letter in the mail to him please?

Chris has very limited access to email/internet – and “snail mail” is more frequent which would be very much appreciated by him. While he is expected home in April 2013, he is still not sure if that will be the end of his deployment, so anything in the mail until then will help.

Any letter or postcard from the USA would be great and as it is destined for a military address, only ONE first class stamp is all it’ll take.

Please send me a Private Message and I'll let you have his address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:05 pm 
Power User
Power User

I just thought those of you who have helped Chris and his guys while he was overseas (Iraq and Afghanistan in the US Army), would like to know that he has returned to the country.

The report was that as of mid afternoon today, his fiancee saw him get off the plane. At this point, I know no more than that, and I expect he will now be more interested in recovering and "re-establishing" his relationship with his lady, Rachel.

When I hear news from him, I'll pass it on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:23 pm 
Power User
Power User

Welcome home Hero Chris!

~Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:23 am 
Power User
Power User

Lt Chris ... If you all recall came back from deployment in places of danger a short while ago and was going to get married!

He is a good friend, ex-flat-mate, and unfortunately 'cancelled due to deployment' ex-best-man to my step son. That's just the Army life for you! :cry:

I had a strong handshake from him and a clear "Thank you" for all the correspondence while 'in harms way'. Things like this help everyone out there to survive - it really does. "Thank you all".

Well to keep the story short... Chris and his lady Rachel, have got married.

I'm no wedding photographer and the professionals at the event were busy shooting from all the best angles - and I wasn't going to get in the way. Whatever, I have a couple of shots of our hero and his bride.

They are off to Ft. Benning once he is back from Honeymoon, so not too far from Navarre... Perhaps once they have married life in the army under control, we can convince them to come on down to the coast?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:13 am 
Power User
Power User

Thanks for your service Lt Chris and congratulations!

~Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:33 am 
Power User
Power User

Don't know how I missed these photos! Had wondered about Chris ~ so glad to see him and his bride looking so happy!

:)
A.G.

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:17 am 
Power User
Power User

A.G. Chris is planing on starting a course on being a Physicians Assistant soon and was joking with my step son about working for him once he graduates and opens his own office in a few years time (my step son in doing rotations as he is in his 3rd year of Med School on the Doctor of Osteopathy program at the UNT Health Science Center).

Being a D.O. is harder than being an M.D. as you have to be a full M.D. and then do all the Osteopathy stuff as well and you don't get any extra time to do it either! He has survived 18 hour days of study, classes and practical labs, as well as a new 1,000 page text book each week with daily 100 question tests ... has to get 90% to pass - none of this easy 70% stuff that the rest of us have to get so we pass on tests.

I have a lot of respect for this kid ... He has a 4.0 GPA and is third in his class and in the top ten in his year on a national basis. Once he graduates and assuming we can survive the ten years it'll take for him to get his career sorted out (a million per consult in Hollywood), we want him to buy us a condo on Navarre Beach out of his huge earnings!!! 8)

If only. He'll probably be an E.R. doctor in a local hospital. Oh well, back to plan "A".

:lol: