Dolphins

Post photos, videos and comments about sea turtles, birds, other marine life and wildlife. Post your comments of unusual sightings here. Areas include Navarre Beach, National Seashore and Northwest Florida.
lss

Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:06 pm

How are the dolphin sightings at Navarre? We missed seeing them when we were there in July. Two years ago, we saw them everyday.
lsks

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:09 pm

We didn't see any in July either, but I figured it was because of the restoration going on. Saw a bunch down at Pensacola Beach though.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:12 pm

We'll check that out in a few weeks! ;-)

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:52 pm

I have seen the dolphins every morning for the past 10 days and they have been close to the beach. The Gulf has been very calm and maybe they are easier to spot during these conditions.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:03 am

We saw them in June............ :D
Tisa

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:58 am

:( I have yet to see any dolphins. Drats. I must be out walking at the wrong time ! How close to shore do they come?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:33 am

It varies, but of course they have to have room to swim or escape. Sometimes they'll be in the wake of boat traffic - they're very curious, playful critters! :-) We've spotted them at all times of the day but more often in early morning or late afternoon/early evening ~ don't know if that's coincidence or what. It probably depends mostly on where their food sources go! Ya know, they eat FAST food! (sorry, couldn't resist the pun!) :roll:

P'Kid will tell you that the surest way to see dolphins is to take a "dolphin cruise"! When my hubby and I lived (and had a giftshop on the beach) in Daytona Shores, we'd look through the binoculars when the Critter Fleet Cruise went by and saw lots of dolphins following the boat! That was really cool!
8)

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Pelican Lady

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:48 pm

We saw lots of Dolphins on Navare Beach around 8-9 am and again in the evenings before sunset over the Labor Day weekend! We were sooo glad they decided to show up for us again! It was so exciting ! The water and beach were perfect! Lots of perfect Pelicans too!

Pelican Lady from New Orleans

Return to “Sea Turtles, Birds, Marine Life, Wildlife and Conservation”