New Development on HWY 98

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
Sandstomper

Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:50 pm

I noticed when I was down a couple of weeks ago that a lot of grading is underway on the right as you head west past Sunrise. Anyone know what's being developed? Looks like it could be residential housing or more apartments, but I don't recall seeing anything published.
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:10 pm

A very very large residential apartment complex!
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Sandstomper

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:19 pm

I suppose the US is becoming Europe. Small cars and apartment living. I was hoping the trend was limited to cities like Atlanta, where that it certainly the trend. Hoping that the trend in Navarre is due to the bedroom community feeding the Military bases where longevity of assignments might not lend itself to a mortgage committment.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Sandstomper wrote:I suppose the US is becoming Europe. Small cars and apartment living. I was hoping the trend was limited to cities like Atlanta, where that it certainly the trend. Hoping that the trend in Navarre is due to the bedroom community feeding the Military bases where longevity of assignments might not lend itself to a mortgage committment.
Your last sentence sums up the situation. When we moved here 16 years ago we found out quickly that when you met folks in the area it became apparent that about 80% of those that lived here were either serving in the military, working as military support, or as retired military. The Navarre mainland is basically a military community. And you would be surprised that this applies to the Navarre beach community as well.

Since we have a large component of military that live among us it's important that the community provides adequate housing that includes homes and apartments.

This new apartment complex will be a premium community with unique features that includes nature trails within an intact forest and of course spectacular views of the Santa Rosa Sound. We that live here understand that we need and welcome this new residential community.

We love our military folks that live here and we are glad to have them as neighbors. They are truly the greatest of all Americans.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Sandstomper

Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:34 am

Amen to your support for our Military families!

Many of our neighbors in Navarre are either active or retired Military. They are awesome neighbors and many have turned into lifelong friends. Several of our heros are on long term deployments and they've rented their homes with the hope of retiring back to Navarre. It's sad to see them leave, but we stay in touch via email and look forward to their safe return.

The new development sounds like it will be a spectacular addition to our Paradise and provide much needed quality housing for those who put their lives on the line for us.

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”