Red Tide?

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
Sandstomper

Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Any red tide in Navarre? We are scheduled to visit family in Mexico Beach and it's been there this week. Hopefully it's isolated in that area and hasn't impacted Navarre.
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!
Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:07 pm

Midweek Red Tide Update (October 14, 2015)

Blooms of the Florida red tide organism, Karenia brevis, are present along and offshore of Bay and Gulf counties in northwest Florida, and along and offshore of Manatee, Sarasota, and Charlotte counties in Southwest Florida.

So far this week, K. brevis has been detected in background to low concentrations in 8 samples collected in and alongshore of Bay and Gulf counties, and in background to medium concentrations in 21 samples collected in and alongshore of Pinellas, Manatee, Sarasota, and Charlotte counties.

Within the Gulf of Mexico, Karenia brevis was not detected in or alongshore of Escambia, Okaloosa, Franklin, Wakulla, Dixie, Levy, Hillsborough, Lee, Collier, or Monroe counties. No samples have been analyzed so far this week from Santa Rosa, Walton, Jefferson, Taylor, Citrus, Hernando, or Pasco counties.

Extensive fish kills have been reported at Mexico Beach (Bay County) in Northwest Florida along with respiratory irritation. A fish kill has also been reported at North Jetty, and respiratory irritation has been reported at Nokomis, Siesta Key, and North Jetty (Sarasota County) in Southwest Florida.

Forecasts by the USF-FWC Collaboration for Prediction of Red Tides show little net movement of bloom patches over the next three days.

Sampling will continue in these areas and a full report will be available on Friday October 16, 2015.

http://myfwc.com/REDTIDESTATUS
KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:20 pm

To underline what Dave says, the water at Navarre Beach today was 100% clear. No junk or haze in the water at all - at the moment that is.

I posted a picture of it taken today in this thread:

http://www.navarrebeachlife.com/forums/ ... =1&t=11593
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:35 pm

BREAKING NEWS!

Gulf Coast meteorologists are predicting Red Tide better known as Crimson Tide to move into College Station, Texas for the Alabama vs. Texas A&M football game on Saturday, October 17. Can I get a ROLL TIDE?
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:28 am

The Pensacolakid will be in College Station tomorrow for the SEC Network Show prior to the game and I will be in the stands along with approximately 104,999 other people to watch the mighty Texas Aggies, advance in the Polls and send the Elephants back to T-Town with their trunks and tails between their legs.

Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:02 am

The Red Tide (Crimson Tide) Is Coming!

PensacolaKid,

You mean after all these years on the NBL Forum(s) you were not sincere where you claimed on numerous occasions that you were an Auburn and Alabama fan. And now it appears that you have moved over to the dark side (Texas A&M). LOL!

Anyway, it’s going to be a great game with Alabama having one of the best defenses in all of college football and Texas A&M having a great offense.

My Score Prediction:
Alabama 45
Texas A&M 17
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
lefam1992

Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:10 pm

very close prediction. it was a good game
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:13 am

I am indeed an Auburn and Bama football fan. It just so happens though that I went one year to Texas A&M and just about every buddy I have went there to. Except one played for Holtz at Arkansas. Like I said, my brother went to Bama, my uncle played on the 1964 & 65 National Championship teams and my other brother went to Auburn as did my parents. I have ties everywhere.

In my opinion it was only a good game for a very short while and Alabama took advantage of miscues by the A&M QB's.

It was fun though to see Saban get frustrated over the seemingly simplest of mistakes. The guy wants perfection and will never get it. I admire his drive to attain that but it is unrealistic. I have heard it said....."Strive for perfection, you just might achieve excellence." Perhaps that is what is his motive?

I believe Alabama is one of 4-5 really solid teams at this early stage. I also wish Baylor would play someone and hope their Athletic staff is at this very moment going through their upcoming yearly schedules and RE-SCHEDULING opponents. Art Briles is an excellent coach, one of the very best but they will lock themselves out by continually kicking the crap out of lesser opponents.

Auburn sucks! Sorry Wregle...I am as embarrassed as you are!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Looking good in Navarre.

Blooms of the Florida red tide organism, Karenia brevis , are present in, along, and offshore of Bay and Gulf counties in northwest Florida, and along and offshore of Manatee and Sarasota counties in Southwest Florida.

So far this week, K. brevis has been detected in background to high concentrations in 12 samples collected in and alongshore of Bay and Gulf counties, and in background to medium concentrations in 27 samples collected in and alongshore of Pinellas, Manatee and Sarasota counties, whereas background to very low concentrations were detected in 6 samples collected in, along, and offshore of Charlotte and Lee counties.

Within the Gulf of Mexico, Karenia brevis was not detected in or alongshore of Escambia, Okaloosa, Walton, Franklin, Wakulla, Dixie, Levy, Hillsborough, Collier, or Monroe counties. No samples were analyzed this week from Santa Rosa, Jefferson, Taylor, Citrus, Hernando, or Pasco counties.

Extensive fish kills and respiratory irritation have been reported at Mexico and Windmark beaches (Bay County), as well as Cape San Blass, Stone Memorial State Park, Eagle Harbor, and Massalina Bayou (Gulf County). Fish kills and respiratory irritation have been reported at St. Casey Key Beach and offshore of Venice (Sarasota County) in Southwest Florida.

http://myfwc.com/research/redtide/statewide/
KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”