Navarre Beach always Yellow Flag?

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
bryantaylor2000

Thu May 05, 2016 11:08 am

I live in Arkansas, so my little slice of heaven comes via web cam when I cannot be on the beach. I can't help but notice in all my years of coming to the beach, it seems that Navarre Beach, where we own a condo, seems to ALWAYS have a Yellow Flag, even when PB or Fort Walton/Destin at the same time, same weather, have a Green Flag. Is there something about the set of the Jaws movie I don't know?
Going Nuts

Thu May 05, 2016 12:10 pm

I think around Pensacola Beach they fly the yellow flag in green flag conditions on unguarded beaches or if the lifeguards are not on duty. Might be the same for Navarre?
David
Power User
Power User

Thu May 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Caution is always advisable along our shore line. Visitors continue to confuse under tow of the east coast with rip currents that we experience in what may seem to be calm surf compared to the continual under tow of the east coast.

Again, we should always err on the side of caution. Please take that from someone who by taking one more side step , while surf fishing in Destin, suddenly found himself over 200' from shore while caight in a rip current. Except for prior life guard training, I could well have become a statistic. It is proven that the best and strongest of Olympic swimmers can not swim against a true rip current so no one should fool themselves into believing they can.

BELIEVE THOSE YELLOW CAUTION FLAGS AND KNOW THAT A RIP CURRENT CAN OCCUR IN A SPLIT SECOND!! YOU SHOULD ALSO REMEMBER THAT MANY OF OUR DRONINGS ARE SOMEONE TRYING TO SAVE ANOTHER IN TROUBLE BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HEED THE WARNINGS!
David
bryantaylor2000

Fri May 06, 2016 10:55 am

today on the webcam I see we have a Green flag, first time in I couldn't say how long! I also see people in the sea oats on the dunes, and a dog on the beach in the West view...
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat May 07, 2016 7:21 am

bryantaylor2000 wrote: I also see people in the sea oats on the dunes, and a dog on the beach in the West view...
Both NO-NO's! Hope someone mentions to them.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:33 am

Reading this 2-year old conversation, I'm reminded that the same problems seem to rear their heads with every new vacation season!

Bottom line:

If you want a nice day on the beach, remember ...
Safety First!!
HEED the CAUTION FLAGS, KEEP FIDO OFF THE BEACH and STAY OFF THE DUNES!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”