Not using walk overs???

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
livinglarge
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:03 am

Watching the webcam I noticed people walking across the berm right next to the walkovers! What is wrong with this picture? Have people become so lazy they can't walk up a few steps? Why won't the county put a end to this? All that needs to be done is place the sand fencing at each crossover on both sides and people will have to use the walkovers.
This practice of walking on berms is not healthy for the berms. And would be healthy for those that need to be alittle more healthy.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:39 pm

livinglarge wrote:Watching the webcam I noticed people walking across the berm right next to the walkovers! What is wrong with this picture? Have people become so lazy they can't walk up a few steps? Why won't the county put a end to this? All that needs to be done is place the sand fencing at each crossover on both sides and people will have to use the walkovers.
This practice of walking on berms is not healthy for the berms. And would be healthy for those that need to be a little more healthy.
I agree, LL. Makes me sad. It's lazy AND disrespectful. I actually thought there were fines imposed for walking on the berms, is that not the case? Of course, how could that even be policed?!?!? :roll:

Is "education" the answer? It's important for people to realize that even a little game trail is enough for tidal floods to allow incursion of flood waters/high tides to break down the berms and flood the island.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”