Our trips to Navarre

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
From A Buick 8

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:51 am

Thanks again to everyone, for the great idea's. We are at our 2 week countdown now. Any idea what the bike rental cost is, we have bikes but i did not want to bring them (take up a lot of room).
April 2009 was our first trip to Navarre. We would like to visit several times a year but alas we cannot. Can only afford every other year.
From A Buick 8

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:44 am

We leave Monday morning at 2 am, I am a little bummed looking at the weather channel forecast for the area the temps are going to be cool. What temperature does the local news predict?

We are still excited though, I always thought it would be too cool to be in the water much and the wife and kids have bought some sand castle building kit that they are looking forward to using.
April 2009 was our first trip to Navarre. We would like to visit several times a year but alas we cannot. Can only afford every other year.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:09 am

Good Morning From A Buick 8 - I'm not sure what to tell you about the weather ... according to the Weather Channel, it's supposed to be 74 next Tuesday. But, that can change at any time. Unfortunately, the weather is something none of us can control. Any day at the beach is a good day. If the weather is not what you expect, then you can take in the many other attractions the area has to offer.

You know what they say ... "A bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work."

EBB
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
From A Buick 8

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:21 am

EastBayBabe wrote:Good Morning From A Buick 8 - I'm not sure what to tell you about the weather ... according to the Weather Channel, it's supposed to be 74 next Tuesday. But, that can change at any time. Unfortunately, the weather is something none of us can control. Any day at the beach is a good day. If the weather is not what you expect, then you can take in the many other attractions the area has to offer.

You know what they say ... "A bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work."

EBB
Agreed :D
ToesInTheSand

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:03 am

Speaking of the weather reminds me of a friend of mine in Nashville.
For the previous 10 years, she has planned many vacations here, and many times at the drop of a hat as it is only a 7 hr drive. EVERY time except for twice pre-Ivan, she has cancelled because she looked at the Weather Channel!

"It's going to rain, it's going to be cold, the water isn't warm enough yet, I hear there's jellyfish" blah blah blah.
:)
And every cancellation followed with clear blue skies, warmer flat clear teal water, no jellies with a northerly breeze and lots of sunshine!

The 2 times she did come, because "they" said it would be beautiful?
lightening, thunder, rain.
:shock: :lol:

We no longer communicate as I realized that she really wasn't coming down here to see ME........she was just chasing sunshine and wanted a free vacation at my house....ha ha ha! :wink:

You can blink, and the weather changes here..........it's all good.
jbras

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Oh my Toes, I had you figured as a real sharp one and it took 10 years to know you were being 'had'.........lolllllllllllllll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My wife and I visited Navarre for over 30 years, she passed away from Breast Cancer in 2006, I miss her dearly.
jbras

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Sorry friend, couldn't let that go by. :? :? :?
My wife and I visited Navarre for over 30 years, she passed away from Breast Cancer in 2006, I miss her dearly.
From A Buick 8

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:31 pm

:D Good to hear, only 3 more days.

We leave at 2 am monday morning (AIS). :P :P
ToesInTheSand

Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:04 pm

jbras wrote:Sorry friend, couldn't let that go by. :? :? :?
ha ha ha ha ha ha......well, she had been my friend for 10 yrs before that when I lived in Nashville.....but yes, my son and another friend scolded me for being so, well.....NICE to her for so long. duh. :roll: :lol:

Speakin of weather.....we had 2 hours of sunshine.......now it's tornado warnings/pouring rain again........warning just cancelled, but it sure is sloppy out there!

Let's hope for sunshine!!!!!! We have people here coming to visit!!!! :D
jbras

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Toes, that's just your nature being nice and no one recognizes this in your posts....

You're not from Missouri originally are you??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ToesInTheSand

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm a Wisconsinite, aka Cheesehead. :lol:

....as far as NICE. YES! I AM!!! :P I am just careful as to who I distribute my "NICE" to now. :lol: I have no time to waste on "ugly".
(for the rest, it doesn't matter in my daily happiness) :D
That reminds me...I have been avatar-less, I best find something irritating. :wink: ..or nice.

HEY LOOK! It quit raining!!! And I am watching the Weather Channel and they're saying good things for us this weekend and next week!!!!!!!!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:16 pm

ToesInTheSand wrote:
That reminds me...I have been avatar-less, I best find something irritating. :wink: ..or nice....
Darn! The only thing irritating about that one is the animation goes by so fast, I can't read what it says!! (Some of us have to deal with bi-focals, ya know!!)
LOL
:shock:
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
ToesInTheSand

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:59 pm

ha ha....let's see if I can slow it down a little.... :wink:
ToesInTheSand

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:01 pm

quack, sort of. :wink:
ToesInTheSand

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:15 pm

From A Buick 8 wrote::D Good to hear, only 3 more days.

We leave at 2 am monday morning (AIS). :P :P
I truly hope you have a wonderful time and great weather!!
:)

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”