Seashell Sunrise Sequence Photos - NAVARRIAN

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
From A Buick 8

Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:27 pm

We are making our first trip to Navarre the first week of April, I have been showing my 10 year old son these pictures of the shells and he is so excited to find some good ones. I think you have guaranteed me at least one very early morning to go out and try to find them. He is asking me if there is a limit to amount of shells he can gather and I was not sure how to answer that question.

What is the shell etiquette around Navarre?
April 2009 was our first trip to Navarre. We would like to visit several times a year but alas we cannot. Can only afford every other year.
Navarrian
Power User
Power User

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:52 pm

From a Buick 8

The shell etiquette is....go for it! :D It is a big ocean and I can assure you that the tide brings surpirses by the minute. No one has claim for a specific area. Nor is it unusual to see several people looking at a shelf of shells ..say 3-5 ft in the water from the shoreline. Tell your son to be prepared to fill up the shell bags. Here is a picture of some typical shells from a ..hunt. Good luck!

Navarrian 8)

Last edited by Navarrian on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
LilFeat

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:02 am

Navarrian,
You're killing me with the shell pictures! Can't wait to get there and try my luck.
From A Buick 8

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:31 am

Thanks, he cannot wait. Looks like we will need to get a 'Shell bag", we were going to just use 5 gallon buckets, but we do not want to look too much like a tourist.
April 2009 was our first trip to Navarre. We would like to visit several times a year but alas we cannot. Can only afford every other year.
Navarrian
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:04 am

From a Buick 8,

Actually it is a laundry bag which you can buy at a Dollar General Store or Publix for about $3....and a lot lighter than a 5 gallon bucket filled up. :lol: Good luck!

Navarrian 8)
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:09 pm

They have little net bags at some dollar stores. If you get to fancy, you will look like a tourist.

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”