Webcams down again

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:04 am

Kenny,

Check out your webcams. Both A.G. and I see the same Java error from them all. Been like this since the weekend.

Something on the server perhaps?

:?:
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
thelma

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:11 am

same here. I thought it was me
florida dreamer

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:58 am

Glad to see someone else noticed it. I too thought it was my computer. I wanted to get a quick look at my favorite beach before I went to work today. :(
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:03 am

I sent an email about an hour ago with an attached screen shot of the problems of the two webcams that are hosted by a Navarre local business since the spring of 2006. I’m sure that the two webcams will be up and running soon.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:38 am

Kenny Wilder wrote:I sent an email about an hour ago with an attached screen shot of the problems of the two webcams that are hosted by a Navarre local business since the spring of 2006. I’m sure that the two webcams will be up and running soon.
Thanks Kenny ...

I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms ... shaking ... sweating ... lack of attention ... no wait! I'm at my desk!! Must be a normal work day!! :lol:
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:22 pm

LOL.......I thought it was just my computer! Glad you spoke up!

Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:27 pm

It’s a Java issue and I’m not sure why? Brad a local business owner that provides the hosting for these two webcams says he will try to fix this later today if possible. Thanks for your patience.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:49 pm

My laptop was being repaired and I told them that the cam was not working here ... he said it was a prob between Windows 8 (which I am struggling thru) and the site. We'll see when it's working again.
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
GONEFISHING

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:39 am

I can't get the web cam either.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:48 am

EastBayBabe wrote:My laptop was being repaired and I told them that the cam was not working here ... he said it was a prob between Windows 8 (which I am struggling thru) and the site. We'll see when it's working again.
A Windows 8 problem? HAHAHAHAHAHA..... Not Best Buy is it?

Find someone or somewhere else to get your laptop fixed.

My 'day job' is to lead a support team in a large scale computer server support department at a university. We have about 100,000 online users every day and two computer rooms with over 2,000 server machines and networks that would make a spaghetti factory look simple.

I get the same error on my Windows 7 and Windows XP (yes we still use it for some things) computers as well as on the office Apple Mac. All the rest of us are getting the same error too, so EBB this problem isn't "your" PC or "Windows 8".

If I were actually living/working in Navarre, I'd offer alternate hosting on one of my machines for Kenny, but I know how much he likes to support local businesses, so I'll let his people work through it, but as an IT guy myself, this is frustrating like anything...

Kenny - I just went to the underlying web hosting site to see if I could discover more about what is up with the web cam and looking at the actual web site that you are hosting the Java applet (the page source has the typical webcam applet program block in it), it displayed this:

This Account Has Been Suspended.
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Google also blocks the host as hosting malware...

I did post a message previously about the error thrown by Java being one that is known about (the Oracle Technology Network has the bug ID number from way back in the days before they took Java over along with Sun) but perhaps there is something more substantial underneath all this and its not a technical problem at all?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:55 am

Two Webcam’s Update

I’m sorry that the (2) two NBL Webcams have not been fixed yet. I’m sure that Brad is doing all he can to resolve the problem.

Your not being able to gain access to the webcams has nothing to do with your computer.

As I mentioned yesterday the (2) two NBL Webcams were installed in March of 2006. The purpose of the two webcams was to show daily progress of the 2006 Navarre Beach Restoration Project. The website www.navarrebeachlife.com did not exist until August 25, 2006. In order to provide internet access to the two webcams in the beginning, I needed to have them hosted. Brad was gracious enough to provide free hosting in conjunction with his website in Destin. He has been a big help regarding the webcams over the past seven years.

If we can’t fix the current problem in a few days I may consider moving the two webcam’s to my own hosting service where I have a first class server where It cost me about $300.00 monthly. My website www.navarrebeachlife.com rides on my hosting service and I have plenty of bandwidth on my own server.

Again, thanks for your patience while we are working on a solution.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
florida dreamer

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:16 am

EBB he's full of crap if he thinks it's windows 8. I don't have that and I can't get it either. Like Kenny said it is the web cam.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:33 am

No, bj, not the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Super computer repair shop right here in Navarre. They are very good. I even get a "frequent fixer" discount! :lol:
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Thank you Kenny........there are so many of us who are addicted to this forum and the web cams.......so very appreciative of you!! Thanks also to A.G. and bjrichus for their help as well....

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Lvthebch, just between us chickens, Kenny does all the work ... Beej and I are just "messengers"! I'm the goofy one, Beej is the smart one.

:lol:
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”