Navarre Beach Zoom and Skyline Webcam Updates

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Navarre Beach Zoom and Skyline Webcam Updates

Navarre Beach Zoom Webcam
Within the next 48 hours I will be moving the NBL Webcam “Navarre Beach Zoom Cam” to my own hosting server. Hopefully, there will be little interruption of viewing the webcam during this transition.

Navarre Beach Skyline Webcam
I will be moving the NBL Webcam “Navarre Beach Skyline Cam” to my own hosting server toward the end of the week, because we have lost some key settings in gaining access to the camera. I will have to go into the camera itself and manually reset the camera with the manufacture’s settings and other complicated work.
Last edited by Kenny Wilder on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Well, that sounds like tedious work especially there on the Beach cam! You da man, Kenny Wayne!

;)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:31 am

NBL Webcam(s) Update

Navarre Beach Zoom Webcam
The Navarre Beach Zoom Webcam moved last night to my hosting account and I’m glad to report that the webcam is working. However, some of you may see an image that is stuck on your computer. You can fix this by deleting your internet browser’s cache.

How do you clear your web browser cache?

Instructions applies to:
Platform(s): Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003

Browser(s): Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
Clearing your Web browser cache forces the browser to load the latest versions of Web pages and programs you visit.

Internet Explorer
Click Tools from the Internet Explorer menubar
Click Internet Options
Click the General tab
Click the Delete Files button in the Temporary Internet files section
If you still have a problem, repeat the steps above and restart the computer.

Firefox
Click Edit from the Firefox menubar
Click Preferences from the Edit menu
Expand the Advanced menu by clicking the plus sign
Click Cache
Click the Clear Cache button

Chrome
Click the wrench icon on browser tool bar
Select Tools
Select Clear browsing data
In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove
Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
Click Clear browsing data

Also, temporarily there is a Security pop-up window that you may need to click accept to view the Cam’s images. This pop-up should be removed sometime today.

Navarre Beach Skyline Webcam
The webcam will move today or tomorrow to my hosting service. I’ll let all of you know when the move is complete. You may need to clear your browser cache for the Skyline webcam once the move is complete.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:27 pm

Poor me......may never get to see web cam again! My computer does not match up with directions...

lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Where there's a will......there's a way~ :D Got it! And wow, what a view! Thanks Kenny!

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:05 am

Worked the first time for my computer. Yep, I did get the "warning" message, though. Made the appropriate choices and voila!! It works!

Very nice views --- the skyline cam has a super clear image this morning and the intercoastal is silky-smooth! Beautiful reflections this morning! Even saw a bird (too far to tell what kind) hunting for its breakfast ~

8)
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:08 am

The warning pop-up will be removed today or tomorrow. It's safe to click on the pop-pop.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:20 am

Kenny Wilder wrote:The warning pop-up will be removed today or tomorrow. It's safe to click on the pop-pop.
I can attest to that! I put my settings on "high alert" just to test it out! LOL
WOW the zoom cam is really fun now! Kinda reminds me of the old time silent movies (except they weren't in color) I've seen on TMC from time to time!

Gotta be quick on the trigger to catch a print-screen if you see a good shot!

8) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
AngelGirl

EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:56 am

Wouldn't you just know it .... if anyone is going to have probs with this, it's going to be me! On the robo cam I'm seeing a weird image and the date is 7/24 11:43 pm. On the skyline cam I'm seeing a very old image from 11/25/12. Wonder what I'm doing wrong? I'm running Windows 8 and still feeling my way around. HELP!!
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Well, the skyline image is current --- it's just that the date got messed up several months ago and efforts at the provider end to correct it were unsuccessful. There's a discussion about it on another thread.

As for the other cam (beach zoom cam), I don't have a clue unless you need to clear the browser's cache. This might help (it's essentially the instructs given in Kenny's post above):

http://www.ehow.com/how_8122010_clear-f ... rer-8.html

Good luck!

A.G.
AngelGirl

Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:58 pm

UPDATE: Beach Zoom Cam and Skyline Cam

RELAX Folks! I am making major changes on both webcams. Hopefully, we will have all the software settings changed tonight for both webcams and install newest versions of firmware. I informed all of you several days ago that I was moving both webcams to my hosting server and to expect the webcams to be a little crazy during the transition.

Also, I'm thinking of changing accessing the Beach Zoom Cam from Java to Quicktime so I can implement Steaming Video. If I change to Quicktime it will enable access for Windows Computers, Mac computers, iPhones and iPads. This will knock the socks off of any beach webcam if it works. And I think it will. I will know tomorrow and let you know.

There should be no problem with your computer once I have a clean install of the webcams on my website www.navarrebeachlife.com. I have worked constantly on this project for several days and over 4 hours today.

Thanks for your patience.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:04 pm

Geez - we should be the ones thanking YOU for your patience with us and all the hard work you put in so we can get glimpses of Navarre Beach!

BTW, personally, I like Quicktime ... have never had a problem with it!

A.G.
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Woo-hoo! The Skyline Cam is now tracking the correct date! Way to go, Kenny! 8)

Both cams look great to me!

A.G.
AngelGirl

bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Kenny Wilder wrote:Also, I'm thinking of changing accessing the Beach Zoom Cam from Java to Quicktime so I can implement Steaming Video. If I change to Quicktime it will enable access for Windows Computers, Mac computers, iPhones and iPads. This will knock the socks off of any beach webcam if it works. And I think it will.

Thanks for your patience.
I'd be really happy to see a streaming video link to my favorite beach.

I don't think that Java is the best platform this kind of thing anyway, so I say go for it.

I also want to second what A.G. says, patience... Keep at it Kenny - we understand.

8)
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:44 pm

I'm in the Navarre Beach Zoom Cam at this moment remotely, so you may see some crazy images temporarily on the NBL website. The QuickTime streaming video issue has been resolved. I'm watching the new streaming video right now and it is absolutely fantastic to view Navarre Beach in live real time video. The streaming video should be viewable on this website by early tomorrow.

The access will no longer be Java for the Beach Zoom Cam, which I have always hated. The new access will be QuickTime and if you don't have this software on your computer, cell phone or other devises go ahead and install it now. I will be changing the zooming images from 15 seconds to 45 seconds. The TV Discovery Channel video nature scenes average about 40 seconds to 60 seconds before they advance to the next image. So why would I want to reinvent the success of the Discovery Channel.

The Navarre Beach Skyline Cam is a stationary cam. It is not a video camera, but I’m going to create an effect as close to streaming video as possible by decreasing the time of refreshing from the current every 10 seconds to every 2 seconds. Since this is not a video camera I am replacing the Java access software with a better solution. I hope to have this issue resolved tonight. This cam will be great in watching the boat traffic on the Santa Rosa Sound.

Navarre Beach Zoom Cam

Navarre Beach Skyline Cam
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”