First time Navarre Beach

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
lynchmob

Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:45 am

i am planning a trip to NB spring break 2014 with the family. We have been going to Destin for the past 6 years. Looking to switch it up a bit this year. Can anyone give me quick easy directions from Birmingham where we will stop half way down (from Louisville KY). Also, any reviews on Emerald Surf condos? Any good local ets? We do not like chains. Shopping? Groceries? Liquor Stores? How long does it take to get to Destin Harbor?
Thanks in advance for the info.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:18 am

Did you realize you could have bumped this older post up by adding another post? I noticed that the new one is an exact duplicate. BTW, I just wonder if maybe no one took you seriously because of the user name you chose. Geez, that's a real off-putter, especially to Southerners!! LOL However, a good search of the threads will tell you most of what you're trying to find out.

Local groceries are Winn-Dixie almost directly across from bridge entrance onto Navarre Beach proper. Also Publix grocery west on 98 from the bridge is a great choice, too. There's a large Walmart w/grocery section on the north side of 98 just east of the bridge. For small items between grocery store visits, there is a combination gas station/food mart on the island.

As far as the route from Louisville though, sorry, I haven't a clue!

As for other info, browsing through the other related threads you'll get a pretty good picture of what to expect. One way to find specific info is to use the "search" feature located just under the words "The Official Website of Navarre Beach" and using the keywords that relate to your search. Best of luck and have a terrific visit!

Blessings,
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
nashvillecats

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi Lynchmob,
My husband and I have been vacationing in Navarre for the past five years and we really enjoy it over Destin because it is not overly developed. We enjoy eating Grouper Rubens at T.C.' Front Porch and the hamburgers at Johnny Rogers are really good. Breakfast at Juana's is always great as is Alphy's Catfish House breakfast. Destin Harbor is only a 20 -30 minutes drive and Pensacola is about the same. Be sure to drive up the coast from Navarre to Pensacola (beautiful drive) and if you have time, check out Joe Patti's Seafood Market in Pensacola (awesome).

Clay and I drive from Nashville and we go through Birmingham also. We follow 65 South through Montgomery and continue to exit 93 at Evergeen and follow your GPS directions from here going through Brewton and Milton then onto Highway 87 which will end at Highway 98 in Navarre. Our drive from Nashville usually takes 6.5 to 7 hours on this route.

I don't have any info on Emerald Surf as we normally stay in a townhome but the gulf is incredible and there are usually lots of dolphins, rays, and other marine life to enjoy.

Have a great trip and be sure to let us know how it goes.
Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.
lynchmob

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:33 am

Thank you nashvillecats
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:36 am

nashvillecats - I've never heard of Johnny Rogers for hamburgers. Maybe you meant Johnny Huston's? For a quick burger, I've heard Topp's in the Exxon gas station is very good and greasy. Haven't tried them yet, but plan to very soon.
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
ARschrek

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi, I have stayed at Emerald Surf a couple of times. The units we were in were both nice. It is a little small (especially compared to Regency) but worked fine for us. Small, but heated pool which is nice that time of year.

A good resturant at PCB is Peg Leg Petes. Just down the beach road. We also like East Bay Crabhouse east of the bridge on 98.

Hope you have a safe trip & wonderful time. You will love Navarre Beach.
"The crying gulls -- the thundering surf -- the song of the sea... All are music to my ears."
silverbadge

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:45 pm

How about Whattaburger? I hear good things......Is that place any good?
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:39 am

Good "old fashioned" home-made taste burgers! Can't give a critique of the local store however, we've eaten in many Whataburger establishments over the years and for "fast food" burgers, they're my favorite! They make 'em in all sizes for all appetites. Personally, I like the Whataburger Junior which is a duplicate of the big burger in all ways except size! Just right for "smaller appetites". Unless you tell them different, the regular burger comes w/lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion and a mild mustard.

They also have a good selection on their breakfast menu ... hubby likes the biscuits and gravy. :)

8)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
nashvillecats

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:01 pm

EBB, yes I did mean Johnny Hustons! I always get it wrong for some reason. LOL Thank you!
Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.
silverbadge

Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:05 pm

Sweet. I have heard good things about Whattaburger, but we don't have them where I am from. Going to have to try them on the drive in.
RoBear

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 am

Working midnights, I frequent Whataburger quite often. They will put anything on a burger for you. I love the spicey ketchup too. I usually sweet talk my way into a few to take home for later on. Their breakfasts are pretty good as well. The honey butter chicken bisquit is a favorite of mine.
All in all, it's a step up from McDonald's. It's not the greatest thing around, but they are open 24/7.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:35 am

Hey EBB...try Tops! We did here in Niceville...pretty darn good. :wink:
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:23 am

Linda - Every so often if I have to run into the Exxon station for something, I am torn between 2 aromas. Church's chicken on one side, and Topp's burgers on the other side. I swear I'm going to try both of them one of these days. :D
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:28 am

Well for chicken you need to come to Niceville and try Danny's. My remarks to the cook upon leaving were, "Y'all need to give every customer a dish towel to wipe their hands and mouth just like my Memaw used to do!" :lol: It is that good! But do try the Tops burger.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:30 am

That Topp's Burger next to the Exxon....every time I fill up there, I notice how nasty that place is. I have heard good things about Topp's Burger's but the actual location looks just so filthy. That is, the last time I filled up there a couple of months ago. Perhaps they have cleaned up the joint.

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”