Spring Break

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
haerae04

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:33 am

We are planning to come down the week of March 22 - 26 for Spring Break. We have 4 kids: Girl 11 yrs & twin 4 yr olds & and Boy 7 yrs. My husband is starting to question whether it will be warm enough? We are aware that it'll be too cold to swim. We're not swimmers, so that is no big deal. But we'd like it to be warm enough to enjoy the beach and do some outside activities. I've looked up the averages, but I'd like 2 cents from locals. :D How is it around that time?

Thanks!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:50 am

Surely wish I could guarantee you swimmingly good weather but at this latitude, you can never know. To coincide with this, the south has already had weather that in my 55 years, I can not remember us having....cold wise.

Having said that, March 22-26 could be 75+ degrees or it could be highs in the low 50's or cooler. You are correct, with this winter we have already had, the chances of getting in the water during that time and shell searching or swimming, will probably be slim to none.

There are things to do in the Pensacola/Navarre area....Forts, Naval Museum, etc., but beachy type of things, you just never know and frankly, I do not hold much confidence in folks having a great Spring Break in the south on the water. Just too much cool this year and too much of a pattern leaning toward such.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:00 pm

True to the rhyme, March can come in like a lion and is frequently blustery. The four Marches we lived there we experienced "early spring" kind of weather, a few coolish days mixed in with those GLORIOUS days we all dream about.

But, like P'Kid says, at this latitude, the weather is very transitional. Latter part of March it's a fairly good bet you'd get more nice days than not ... but there are no guarantees when it comes to weather! My personal adage is "Any day on Navarre Beach, beats ANY day anywhere else except probably HEAVEN!" ;)

When I get to my home computer, I'll post some pictures I've taken during the month of March to give you an idea! A "must see", imho, is the Naval Museum in Pensacola! It will take a good part of a morning or afternoon or an entire day, depending upon your family's interests and energy!! Also, the lighthouse is nearby ... so between the two, you can easily make a day of it. There are many restaurant choices nearby, too, the fast-food types as well as those with atmosphere and local cuisine.

8)
A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:39 pm

I thought I had a couple of different years of photos taken during the month of March but only 2007 is "findable" so I'll post a few of those here ... although two of these were at Destin Pass ... not far from NB, though:
3-22-07 ah -surf-i-licious.jpg
3-22-07 ah -surf-i-licious.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 4946 times
3-22-07feedinggulls.jpg
3-22-07feedinggulls.jpg (878.47 KiB) Viewed 4946 times
3-22-07 BiminiBreezeTours.jpg
3-22-07 BiminiBreezeTours.jpg (837.82 KiB) Viewed 4946 times
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
dolfnfan
Power User
Power User

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:00 pm

Beautiful pics, AG! You've gotten my beach juices flowing now...beach season is very, very close and I can already feel 'the itch' starting.
Sleep late, drive fast and don't take anything seriously...
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:18 pm

Pictures of those beautiful shores and planning the next trip is what helps us get through the winters!!!

8)
AngelGirl

haerae04

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:17 pm

Those pictures were so pretty! :) Thanks for sharing! I can only hope & pray that we see water that pretty & clear! And that it is warm enough to go around in beach wear!

Thanks for sharing your information with me. I guess we'll wait & see what happens! :)
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:36 am

Great pictures AG! Yes, dolfnfan...those pictures stirred up a mighty Navarre fire within my soul.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Wow - must feel pretty toasty on NB! Lots of folks on the beach today! Ahhh! That's the LIFE!
(Nasty, chilly and damp here so had to look at the Zoom to get a "dose" of sunshine!) :?

8)
A.G.
AngelGirl

Garrison

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:25 pm

We're regular summer visitors who'll be down for our first March visit at the same time.......the beachwear will be in full effect! After this Chicagoland winter we've had, even 50 will feel balmy! We have shipping canals nearby that have never frozen that are covered in 16-20 inches of ice!
haerae04

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:01 pm

We are oh so close!! :) We're heading that way Friday after my husband gets off work. We'll arrive Saturday afternoon. All 6 of us are so, so excited! See that there will be some Rain...

What are a few indoor inexpensive activities to do Destin/Pensacola?

We are going to go to the Aviation Museum..
Going Nuts

Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am

The Gulfarium in Ft. Walton is a good way to spend a half-day. Both female dolphins are pregnant (one of them is due within a couple of weeks), so the dolphin show has been tamed down a bit, but the tickets are also discounted because of it. There are still plenty of other critters and things to do, including a sea lion show that is very good, a sting ray lagoon, an interactive and touch pool for the kids, plenty more. In Pensacola, try to time your trip to the Naval Museum on a day the Blue Angels are practicing, usually mid-week now at 11:30 a.m. The runway and seating are adjacent to the museum, and it's all completely free.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:31 am

And I'm pretty sure the Blue Angels practices are only Tuesday and Wednesday - with Wednesday the day that the pilots are available for autograph's (or just to meet them) after the flight.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:46 am

Yeah....what Going Nuts and Pete said!!! :D Can not beat that activity with a stick. Incredible resource and frankly, if anyone plays golf, there is a course on the base A.C. Read (actually 3, 9 hole courses) and they are incredible courses. $35 with cart for 18. Play golf and see and hear jets taking off and landing. Does it really get any better?

However, should it rain, you could spend 8 hours in that museum and not see or do everything. They even have IMAX movies pertaining to flight.

Go to Destin and visit the Destin Fishing Museum. Small, certainly in comparison to the Naval Museum but nonetheless, the Fishing Museum is quite interesting and tells the story of the sleepy little (right) fishing village. I am a fisherman though so I could spend 8 hours in that facility.

Next, should it be raining....go to Navarre Seafood (on 98 west of the bridge a mile or so) get yourself 3-4 pounds of large shrimp and either have them spicy steam them for you or just as good, go back to the house and boil them up yourself (the smell of shrimp...their beginnin' to boil), get a box of fresh oysters with an oyster knife and shuck them yourself, a bottle or two of a very nice white wine, a good book or if you have enough people, play some Texas Hold'em Poker.

Or, while down Destin way, go to Margaritaville (restaurant) right on the Harbor. Food is mediocre at best but the view of the boats and harbor is outstanding. You might even call the Southern Star Dolphin Cruise. The boat is covered and I suspect they would still go unless it is really storming or just pouring down. That is a great activity for two hours.

Hope this helps and just know there is someone in Houston, Texico that is very jealous of your trip at this very moment!!! :mrgreen: Just green with envy!
Razorback

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 am

Add this ole boy from Arkansas to the jealous list Pkid. One of the worst winters I can remember around here and I am ready for sand between my toes and some warm days. June 14 so let the countdown begin!
Love Navarre Beach

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”