MAN SAVES OWL FROM FISHING LINE

This is a forum to post your photos, videos and stories about places that you have visited other than Navarre Beach. Or where you live now!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:58 am

[video][/video]
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:39 am

i salute the man who helped. The peak and talons of a raptor are dangerous. Watching the owl sitting so calmly, wow.

Always when i see humans helping the wild or tamed animals feel a great comfort. When it comes to the wild animal often wonder if that is what the local game reserve recommends. There is of course the incident when it is an emergency and do it now but other times wonder if it's not best to contact the local game and fish commission of any state.

Anyone on this site know more about this? What their position is?

c
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:37 am

I don't know ... but years ago (during the last century!) when our family lived in Southern California, we were picnicking on a rather deserted beach (back in those days, there were still a few of those left!) while my dad was fishing from the shore and he spotted a rather large waterbird of some sort that was caught up in some fishing line that had been left or lost there previously by another fisherman. My dad calmly caught the scared bird up and began cutting away the line. When he let the bird go, it just sort of stood and bobbed its head like it was saying "thank you", then ran a few yards and took off flying. Since there was no law enforcement around at the time, I have no idea what they'd have done but that surely was one happy waterbird!!! LOL
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 am

Angel it is amazing when the animal shows gratitude. I love seeing the best side of humans helping each other, helping animals. Makes me smile.

Return to “Your Other Places in America & Foreign Countries”