H. Harvey closing in on the Texas Gulf Coast!!

This is a forum to post your photos, videos and stories about places that you have visited other than Navarre Beach. Or where you live now!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:07 am

Conditions on Galveston Island @ from Seawall Cam ~ as of 7 am this morning:
8-25-17 Galv - @ 7am -outer bands of Harvey.jpg
8-25-17 Galv - @ 7am -outer bands of Harvey.jpg (206.67 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
Tractor getting the lounge chair container off the beach ~
8-25-17 Galv - East Beach conditions 7-8am.jpg
8-25-17 Galv - East Beach conditions 7-8am.jpg (142.38 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
Walmart - looks like they're delivering emergency supplies!
8-25-17 Galv - Seawall trafik lite-WMtruck.jpg
8-25-17 Galv - Seawall trafik lite-WMtruck.jpg (171.33 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:43 pm

All the Corpus web cams are offline (no surprise)... Galveston shows a pretty empty place right now!
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:31 am

Any of you folks from Houston, and even more to the south and west of there - hope all are safe and property stays above water.
With the stalling of Harvey in the south TX areas and the forecast for more than three feet of rain in some areas, concerned for all ya'll.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:05 am

Pete, we are about 250 miles north of Galveston and are experiencing some minor rain bands but nothing major in this area. I'm awaiting a report from a friend near Lake Livingston. But so far, everyone I've contacted in the Greater Houston area (cousins, friends, acquaintances) all still have power. My pal over in the Hill Country, originally from the Victoria/Refugio area hasn't reported in but she's a phone call or snail mail kind of gal! No e-mail or texting for her!! LOL

8)

For the latest conditions (via webcam) of the Galveston Seawall:
http://www.galveston.com/seawallvideocam/
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:14 am

bjrichus wrote:All the Corpus web cams are offline (no surprise)... Galveston shows a pretty empty place right now!
Yesterday afternoon on the Galveston.com surf cam I saw a surfer. He wiped out. The forum folks over there were talking about it ... also a guy on a unicycle wheeling down the sidewalk. Ya never know what you'll see in Galveston!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yep, I had checked all the gov't and local Corpus webcams I could find yesterday afternoon and most of them were down ... probably overloaded their servers, doncha think? Now there's probably the additional problem of power issues. According to some of the videos I saw posted by law enforcement, there were a lot of transformers exploding.
AngelGirl

bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:05 pm

AngelGirl wrote:also a guy on a unicycle wheeling down the sidewalk. Ya never know what you'll see in Galveston!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yeah. He was on the news yesterday too.
Attachments
facepalm-bear.jpg
facepalm-bear.jpg (260.96 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator

Return to “Your Other Places in America & Foreign Countries”