GALVESTON - The Tall Ships are coming!

This is a forum to post your photos, videos and stories about places that you have visited other than Navarre Beach. Or where you live now!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:09 am

https://www.galveston.com/blog/784/tall ... re-coming/
04-02-18 Galveston - arrival of a Tall Ship for special event.jpg
04-02-18 Galveston - arrival of a Tall Ship for special event.jpg (119.81 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
"TALL SHIPS® GALVESTON will welcome visiting ships with an exciting Parade of Sail down Seawall Boulevard on the afternoon of Thursday, April 5. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, the festival will be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily for ship tours (onboard tours available from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.), live music, vendors, and more. Festival tickets are $10 admission or $20 admission + onboard tours for adults, $5 or $10 for youth ages 7-12 and free for children 6 and under. Tickets are discounted 10% through April 1, 2018."
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:56 am

that is cool.. thank you for the post. :)
Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:28 am

For those in panhandle - the Tall Ships will be "racing" from Galveston to Pensacola - and in P'cola April 12-15. Tours, sailings, on-board food/drink pairings, watching the "Parade of Sails" arrival, etc. available. Festival site is the Plaza De Luna Park at Palafox Wharf.

https://www.visitpensacola.com/tall-ships/
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:10 am

Screen grab with labels, courtesy of Jake Angelo, Moderator, Galveston.com ~
04-04-18 GALV - Tall ships - screen grab courtesy of Cam Op Galveston.jpg
04-04-18 GALV - Tall ships - screen grab courtesy of Cam Op Galveston.jpg (75.46 KiB) Viewed 2685 times
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:49 pm

[video][/video]
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:31 am

It's cloudy and rainy in Galveston this morning, too ...

Here's a GREAT screengrab by Dr. X on Galveston.com
04-07-18 ScreenGrab, Cruise Cam, courtesy of Dr. X.jpg
04-07-18 ScreenGrab, Cruise Cam, courtesy of Dr. X.jpg (176.32 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:04 pm

[video][/video]
AngelGirl

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:19 pm

The Fireworks as seen from the Pyramid Cam ~ produced by Cam Op Kathi, Galveston.com:

AngelGirl

Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:34 am

Very nice - but I find fireworks without the noise to be less than satisfying!?
Still pretty.

Gonna repeat the Galveston Pyramids questions I posted earlier elsewhere.

Speaking of Galveston attractions - any of you Texans know anything about Moody Gardens?
Pyramid attractions of Rain Forest, Discovery, and Aquarium. Also appears to be a waterpark and outdoor garden paths. And Palm Beach Hotel at Moody Gardens?
Have caught my eye and looks like something that would be accessible to my scooter-mobile wife - and we like that garden, nature stuff. Maybe a two or three night stay.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:01 pm

Pete, we haven't actually been back to Galveston in years ... the last time was when our kids lived there. Did you search the website for info? P'kid goes fishing down there every so often and they dine out there some, too, but he's never mentioned going to the Pyramids. Maybe he'll check in with us soon and we can ask him! :)

I did see where the public areas are wheel-chair accessible but the "Animal Experiences" are in "staff-only" areas so are not wheel-chair accessible. There are lots of other things to do and see though.

http://www.moodygardens.com/
AngelGirl

Return to “Your Other Places in America & Foreign Countries”