Offended by the Washington Redskins? Roll Rednecks Roll!

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Offended by the Washington Redskins? Roll Rednecks Roll!

If I were a Washington Redskins fan, I'd be offended by the name Washington. But the team is under pressure to change its other name -- Redskins. 'Disparaging', they say. Pffft.

Here's the thing. If you want a team name that disparages an entire group of people that doesn't mind being disparaged, there's only one group left to disparage: Rednecks.

Rednecks are the only people on the planet that still have a sense of humor, apparently. Proud to say these are my people. Our people. And our people aren't just white and Southern. We have people everywhere and all different colors. 'Redneck' is a state of mind as much as anything.

Our people aren't just white and Southern.

While you're at it, you may as well move the team down here to Northwest Florida. We'd love to have an NFL team. Heck, it might even be the third best team in the state.

The NFL 'Bama Rednecks. Has a nice ring to it. (If we decide to keep the W-word affiliation, we could build them a stadium in Washington County.)
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:39 pm

:lol: I like the mullet.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:04 am

Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!