SEC Annual Meeting in Birmingham

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:21 am

I was watching some of the SEC Annual Meetings in Hoover (Birmingham), AL yesterday. Today happens to be Bama day (for most of the day). Anyway, I am listening to a conversation with Jesse Palmer and the other two commentators about the season opening game in 2016, which will pit USC (Southern Cal) vs. Alabama. Of course this brought up all the talk about Kiffin and would, could, should he return to Southern Cal in his present capacity as Off Coordinator of Bama.

All three said they firmly believe Lane Kiffin will NOT be with Bama when that game takes place. I am gonna agree with them. That is not to say, that he won't be successful stat wise this year. He may be (albeit mostly because of the talent though). I believe this stint with Alabama will be a short one and by the opening game of 2016, he will be with another team and possibly the head coach of a smaller school. I do not think the ego's of each will mesh well. I suppose time will tell the tale but my money goes on what the commentators said.

Return to “Sports”