Why I Mow My Own Lawn - Lee Trevino:

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Why I Mow My Own Lawn - Lee Trevino:

One day, shortly after joining the PGA tour in 1965, Lee Trevino, a professional golfer and married man, was at his home in Dallas, Texas, mowing his front lawn, as he always did.

A lady driving by in a big, shiny Cadillac stopped in front of his house, lowered the window and asked, “Excuse me, do you speak English?"

Lee responded, “Yes Ma'am, I do."

The lady then asked, “What do you charge to do yard work?”

Lee said, "Well, the lady in this house lets me sleep with her."

The lady hurriedly put the car into gear and sped off.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:44 am

That is hysterical!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:27 am

Another true story about Lee. Many years ago, he was playing in the Houston, Dallas or San Antonio tournament. This was the ProAm day (Wed) and he was playing with three young executives, probably with either Shell or Exxon or one of the companies here in Houston. Anyway, these guys thought they were really good golfers. One of the young men, after missing several shots earlier in the round, started to display some anger with some cuss words and eventually slamming his driver in the ground after a errant tee shot. He slammed the head of his driver in the ground and then proceeded to forcibly spear his driver into his bag. As they were walking down the fairway, Lee comes over to the guy, puts his arm around him and says....."son, let me give you a little advice that will hopefully help your game and give you more enjoyment......you are not good enough to be that pissed off!!!"

Since the day I heard that story, I changed my attitude about how I play golf. I have always been an athlete and have been very good at just about every sporting event I have tried. Golf, the golf swing and the components that make all that up can really screw you up if you start thinking too much. I said to myself one day a long time ago..... "listen dude, you play maybe 2-4 times a year, you don't practice, so how can you expect to be a good golfer?" And I continued with..."you ain't good enough to get pissed off during a round of golf!!!"
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:27 am

Another true story about Lee. Many years ago, he was playing in the Houston, Dallas or San Antonio tournament. This was the ProAm day (Wed) and he was playing with three young executives, probably with either Shell or Exxon or one of the companies here in Houston. Anyway, these guys thought they were really good golfers. One of the young men, after missing several shots earlier in the round, started to display some anger with some cuss words and eventually slamming his driver in the ground after a errant tee shot. He slammed the head of his driver in the ground and then proceeded to forcibly spear his driver into his bag. As they were walking down the fairway, Lee comes over to the guy, puts his arm around him and says....."son, let me give you a little advice that will hopefully help your game and give you more enjoyment......you are not good enough to be that pissed off!!!"

Since the day I heard that story, I changed my attitude about how I play golf. I have always been an athlete and have been very good at just about every sporting event I have tried. Golf, the golf swing and the components that make all that up can really screw you up if you start thinking too much. I said to myself one day a long time ago..... "listen dude, you play maybe 2-4 times a year, you don't practice, so how can you expect to be a good golfer?" And I continued with..."you ain't good enough to get pissed off during a round of golf!!!"

Return to “Sports”