It’s Game Week 1 for YOUR Favorite College Football Teams

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Mark B.M.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:21 am

Just hoping Wiscy can keep it close. On Wisconsin
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:10 am

Kenny Wilder wrote: My Prediction:
Alabama 52
West Virginia 10
PensacolaKid wrote:Very Much Looking Forward To The Tigers and Hogs tomorrow. Don't think the Bama game will be one.

Bama 45
West Virginia 13
Got the win - but it was a little tighter than that - 33-23 - but a win is a win, even if not "pretty".
Gotta give the WV kids some credit for "grit" - didn't roll over an play dead due to the intimidation factor.
Last edited by Pete on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:14 am

Mark B.M. wrote:Just hoping Wiscy can keep it close. On Wisconsin
They sure did! Big Ten is not totally dead!
Even Iowa got a win to start (not that Northern Iowa is a powerhouse - but, again, a win is a win).
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:29 pm

GO VOLS!

Coming up in 30 minutes on the SEC Network.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PapaD

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:27 pm

It has been a long time since the Big Orange has had any promise!
I know it is early but it is nice to see the Vols not embarrass themselves.
Perhaps the start of a new era now that Derrick Dooly (loser) and Lane Kiffen is out of our system !
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:01 am

Good Labor Day to everyone.

Here is the Pensacolakid's take on the opening weekend of college football. One of the three top times of the year for this guy.

Some great games on this weekend and we have potentially, another great one on tonight with: Louisville vs. Miami.

Bottom line at this early juncture and based simply on this weeks games, I would have to put the top three teams as follows and not necessarily in this order, although Georgia in many ways, probably is the top team following week one.

Georgia, Florida State and Texas A&M. Although each of these teams had some weaknesses that will most certainly be worked out, they looked the strongest all around. Gurley from Georgia...the absolute front runner for the Heisman after week one. An animal!!!

Other notables that will only get better in my opinion:

Bama...linebackers and mid distance pass defense was a bit weak this week. QB is a bit of a question. Wonder who Saban will start next week. They will absolutely recover and be back in the top three

West Virginia...no one including me gave them a chance. Solid QB and they will be better than many thought.

Oklahoma State...same. That game against FSU gave them some confidence.

Arkansas...gonna be much better than expected. They may win 9 games this year. Great pass blocking and HUUUUGE.

Oklahoma...did not see

TN....gonna be better than many expected.

LSU....needs to improve and they will

Wisconsin...gonna be much better than people though.

Auburn...exciting offense but pourous defense. Arkansas ran right up the middle and a bunch. They need to address that this week, big time. Both QB's...absolutely incredible and exciting.

Baylor....gonna be very strong and will be a top five team in 3 weeks time. Their QB, who got slighted last year is right behind Gurney. The best QB in the nation, in my opinion and like Bartles of Central Florida last year, will be a top three pick in the draft next year. Brand new stadium and it is cool.

A bunch of others as well but ya know, with this being week one, there was gonna be holes in everyone's games.
Razorback

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:54 pm

I'm still not that high on the Aggies but w/o a doubt they are going to give teams a lot of problems. The Tide will be tough but I see others hanging with them. They could easily lose 3 games. OU has a cupcake schedule so we might get them in the playoffs by default. LSU, as always has lots of athletes but could also lose 3-4 games. Auburn is good but the 2nd half the Hogs made them look better than they probably are. Again a team that could lose 3 or so games. The SEC is so good I'm afraid they are going to devour each other and open the door for possibly not even getting a team in the playoffs. Of course a 1 loss SEC team will make top 4 but if they beat up on each other and we have a 2 loss SEC champ we could be on the outside. I was disappointed in the Hogs second half play. I still think they can be 6-6 but just don't see them getting 8 or 9 wins like you do kid. Another team I thought looked a little weak was UCLA and the talking heads had been saying they could be a playoff team. Just can't see that one. 1st week was fun and a lot more great games will be fun to watch.
Love Navarre Beach
wregle
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:57 pm

It was a fun, hot, stormy and wet day/evening on the Plains. Guys gave us a little bit of a scare 1st half but got it together for the 2nd. Looking forward to San Jose State this weekend. Coming to Navarre to enjoy the Thursday night Kansas State game. War Eagle!
You can shake the sand from your shoes but it never leaves your soul

Return to “Sports”