It’s Game Week 2 for YOUR Favorite College Football Teams

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:46 pm

1st Game of Game Week 2 for YOUR Favorite College Football Team

This should be a great game tonight on ESPN 7:00 PM. What say you?
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:55 am

Louisville shuts down Miami in ACC debut, Bobby Petrino's return

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Bobby Petrino watched his offense come together and enjoyed a solid performance by his defense. The opening of the Petrino sequel at Louisville doubled as one successful ACC debut for the Cardinals.

Dominique Brown had a 15-yard touchdown run in the third quarter and Gerald Christian scored on a 10-yard TD catch late in the fourth, leading Louisville to a 31-13 victory over Miami on Monday night.

Despite the 18-point margin, Louisville showed little of the offensive efficiency expected to be a staple of Petrino's second coaching stint at the school. The Cardinals outgained the Hurricanes 336-244 in a ragged offensive game for both teams.

But Louisville's new 3-4 defense had three takeaways in the program's first game in the Atlantic Coast Conference, including one that followed a costly fumble by Cardinals quarterback Will Gardner inside his 15.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:16 am

Welcome to Game Week 2 for YOUR Favorite College Football Team

As the week progresses I will add other games coming up. You are invited to talk about college football here for GAME WEEK 2.

Can I get a Roll Tide?
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Razorback

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:12 am

My Hogs should have a easy time with Nichols State after getting their bacon fried on the Plains. Improvement was seen albeit baby steps. Many holes to fill in but still holding out hope for a 6-6 season and a minor bowl appearance.
Love Navarre Beach
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Gonna be another outstanding weekend of college football. Some really great games coming up.

On the Louisville note, I have spent a great deal of time on that campus and what an incredible school. I suspect they will be a top ten team in the coming weeks. Another outstanding QB and one with size. He did a pretty good job last night for the first game. Classic drop back passer and outstanding arm.

Did anyone see the interview with the AD of Louisville last night talking about their decision to re-hire Pretrino. He said when he first spoke to Bobby Petrino, his first goal was to see where he was personally. As you know, Petrino displayed some rather dark behavior indicative of someone who is all about themselves and cares not who they hurt as long as they get their jollies, that is, in the recent past. He threw away 3.5 million at Arkansas by displaying this careless and adulterous behavior. Not to mention the damage he did to his family. I hope he is a changed man and really there is only one path to that and I hope he found it. Generally speaking and one learns this from a first year, Psychology 101 class....a person's outward demeanor is a pretty good indicator as to what is transpiring on the inside. Of course on a consistent basis. Think about it with the people you know who are easy going, jovial, happy, content, joyous as well as those will opposite traits. I know many on both ends and what they display outwardly is spot on what they are on the inside. A coach is no different. I believe him to still be a hothead and it will be very interesting to see what kind of changes this guy has made.

Coach Saban is saying he is going to rotate the two QB's this week. I am anxious to see this Coker kid.

Bryce Petty, the QB for Baylor has two cracked ribs in his back. I hope he addresses this and does not re-injure or further injure it as I believe he is absolutely a Heisman candidate.
Nidrah

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:16 am

As a Razorback fan...I'll admit...it was fun (yet hard) to watch Louisville play Monday night! Yes, Petrino was (and I’m sure he still is) a jerk! But dang it…he’s a pretty good football coach! What can I say, I miss winning!

With that said, I think Bielema is taking Razorback football program in the right direction. I support him 100%!

I know Charlie Strong (who is a fellow University of Central Arkansas alumni) left Louisville in good shape. I wish Charlie the best of luck at Texas…but as an Arkansas fan…there’s no way in hell I’ll cheer for that burnt orange team!

Speaking of UCA, they held their own against Texas Tech Saturday! Kingsberry best be glad he signed that new contract before that game!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:08 am

I was very impressed with UCA. They are a 1AA team and I suspect they win the Southland Conference this year.

As for Texas, yes, the underlying "tea sipper....we are better than you" mentality is hard to take. I loved Mack Brown and I love Charlie Strong. I think both men have the betterment of the individual at hand first and foremost before winning a game. They want winners in life, the classroom, the relationship, the community. I think Charlie will most definitely bring discipline back to Texas, which I think Mack let slip quite a bit.

If they win the right way, I would pull for them but Texas alumn/fans do not for the most part. There is nothing worse that a arrogant, conceded, pompous winner. Win the right way and lose the right way. People will respect the player/fan/coach who wins being humbly and gives credit where credit is due.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:55 am

Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:56 am

Very cool and simple to view, graphic Kenny. I like that. Unfortunately, this weekend is one of the stinky weekends for SEC football. The great games this weekend are out of the SEC and there are some dandies!!
Razorback

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Nidrah wrote:As a Razorback fan...I'll admit...it was fun (yet hard) to watch Louisville play Monday night! Yes, Petrino was (and I’m sure he still is) a jerk! But dang it…he’s a pretty good football coach! What can I say, I miss winning!

With that said, I think Bielema is taking Razorback football program in the right direction. I support him 100%!

I know Charlie Strong (who is a fellow University of Central Arkansas alumni) left Louisville in good shape. I wish Charlie the best of luck at Texas…but as an Arkansas fan…there’s no way in hell I’ll cheer for that burnt orange team!

Speaking of UCA, they held their own against Texas Tech Saturday! Kingsberry best be glad he signed that new contract before that game!
Petrine is a very good offensive football coach but not a very good man so I as a Hog fan have no fuzzy feeling seeing him anywhere. I too miss winning but firmly believe the Razorback program is heading in the right direction both on and off the field. As for UCA I too am a alum from there but it was State College Of Arkansas when I attended. Guess that dates me as the old man I am!
Love Navarre Beach
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Do we have some very timid folks on here that don't post on here because their team is not an SEC team? All college football fans are encouraged to post here even if your team is in a small conference.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
iowajake

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:34 am

Iowa better get their act together this weekend. It wa an ugly win last week against in-state foe, UNI. This weekend we face the mighty powerhouse from Indiana...no, not Notre Dame, but Ball State. The Hawks need to tighten up their defense, and get a more consistant run game....that will open up the passing game for them. We have some good young guys on the team, so I am optimistic.....for now.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 am

Go Hawkeyes!
(and as a born in NoDak, former Nebraska resident - alum of Creighton, no football team - I object to the graphic showing both Dakotas as Big Red "N" territory!)
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:01 am

By all means....what Kenny said. Simply because the Administrator is a Bama grad and fan and yes, we talk a lot about the SEC (because we think it is THE best conference) but there are a host of great teams out there and many that are even 1AA. U of Central Arkansas comes to mind. Let's hear from others please.

It was not but 15 years ago when Boise State was a 1AA school. Look what they have done since then. Conversely, look at some of the powerhouses of the past and where they have gone over the past several years. Look at Appalachian State....they beat Michigan a few years back, that grew the school and now they are 1A.

So come on!!

Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:50 am

Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?

Return to “Sports”