It’s Game Week 2 for YOUR Favorite College Football Teams

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:22 am

Hey Brian ought to love this. How can this not be a great school....Dr. Phil graduated from there and played for the Mean Green.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:03 am

Well done to all those teams that prevailed yesterday!

Would like to say enjoyed watching the Iowa Hawkeyes game - but, the first 55-minutes, not so much - the last 5-min were fun though! Whew! Pulled it out with two TDs at the end to win. Most of game not pretty. FG kicker(s) need to practice. Need to play for 60-minutes like they did the last 5!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Go dawgs!
Attachments
Football.jpeg
Football.jpeg (374.25 KiB) Viewed 1620 times

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:43 am

Ok...now were talkin'. So we have heard some Iowa rumblings, some La Tech rumblings and some North Texas rumblings. That is fantastic.

Now we are hearing the rumblings of teams switching places in the polls. The SEC is still looking strong, despite a slight tumble by the Tide in the rankings.

I gotta tell ya, though....Oregon (and trust me on this, there are a ton of fruitloops up there), the football team, that is...they are STROOOOOOONG and lightening quick. They are every bit as quick as any team in the SEC. Sorry Kenny, I don't like admitting it either but it is the truth.

Although I firmly believe the SEC will have 2-3 teams in the mix at the very end, do not be surprised to see an Oregon, Florida State, Baylor team in the mix as well.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:08 am

Oregon Is A BIG O In Winning National Championships

Oregon is like Georgia...they both have great football teams, BUT they all find a way to lose in their attempt to make it to a championship game. When was the last time Oregon won a National Championship? Sorry PensacolaKid, how about NONE...O (ZERO), which matches up nicely with their logo.

Oregon might make it to the final 4 in January, but when they meet a powerful SEC defense they will still be a big O (ZERO) for National Championships. DEFENSE sill wins National Championships.

OREGON FOOTBALL HISTORY DATABASE

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/data ... tabase.htm
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:15 am

Hey...don't misunderstand me...I am NOT an Oregon fan. I like watching them though. Auburn beat Oregon behind Cam Newton 4 years back for the National title. I believe they do have what it takes this year to get back to that game. I believe Georgia has a new swagger as well. I am not confident that Bama will be in that game and I know it is early but the QB situation is a bit shaky right now.

What is not shaky is the QB situation at Texas A&M. No test this week for the Aggies though.

Return to “Sports”