Time for RGIII to hang'em up or be a dropback passer

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:44 pm

RGIII was a very exciting player in college. He is a very intelligent young man (working on or presently has his masters). However, I believe that he felt he could do in the Pro ranks what he could do in college and that is be a running/passing QB. You can NOT do that in the NFL. Those players are the very best, biggest and fastest in the game. He has already suffered a severe knee injury requiring surgery. Now he has dislocated an ankle.

It is time (albeit far too early) for RGIII to consider one of two options.

1. Become a Peyton Manning type of QB

or

2. Give up the player part of the sport and do something else before he puts himself in a predicament of having arthritis the rest of his life.
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:19 pm

There are very few "star" college quarterbacks, Heisman winners, etc. that make it in the NFL, and that is because they are "system" quarterbacks. They are great for the team system that is set up for them to perform at the college level, but it is a completey different situation in the NFL. RG3 is one of those system quarterbacks.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:37 am

Yep and I hope Johnny Manziel is taking notice.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:47 am

PensacolaKid wrote:Yep and I hope Johnny Manziel is taking notice.
AMEN!!!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Sports”