Just take a gander at espn.com

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:06 am

I won't continue to copy and paste but just type in espn.com, click on NCAAF and look at the headlines. It is as if these college players are looking at the pro players and saying...I want to be just like them and smack women, assault people, insult, etc. Unbelievable!!
Razorback

Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:19 am

When I continue to see these kinds of things every day it is no wonder why I find myself finding other things to do on the weekends and not sit in front of the TV and watch games. You take a serious look at life and I find myself wondering why I worry and fret about my sports team winning a stupid game. Why do I get all worked up investing my time and energy in a bunch of young thugs, rich coaches, rich owners, powerful people that allow common decent standards to sink so low. Am I so out of touch with society today that standing on a table and shouting the F word and P word is the accepted norm? Under what circumstances is it acceptable for a man to hit a woman? Am I so square that I think women should be respected not by just not hitting them but also watching what words I say around them, standing in their presence, opening the door for them, and treating them as special? Has our country gotten so far off track that I am out of step with society? Rant now over!
Love Navarre Beach
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:12 pm

And that is what Mr. McNair the owner of the Texans said yesterday on the sports part of the Houston news....these players, both college and professional ARE role models whether they like it or not. Since it is more than obvious that the ones who are acting up have been unbridled since probably they were kids (little to no family...little to no dad in the house....athletic ability overrides everything else....no supervision....no accountability or responsibility) something MUST be done to them now in order for them to get the message. This is where Godell MUST do his job at least with the professional ranks. As for the colleges, unless the player is brought up on rape charges, drug smuggling, manslaughter, DWI (and even that is sometimes overlooked) nothing happens to these kids. Too much money coming into the campus due to their presence.

Might I add....we very rarely see the white kid in this trouble. Why? Better upbringing? Well over 50% of even white homes are divorced homes. The blacks have some serious issues both on the field and off. Again, ol "whitey" can't fix their problems. Where are the black leaders in trying to fix this problem?

Trust me on this, we are not nearly done with fools getting into trouble.
Razorback

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Here is something that also bothers me. These kids in the college ranks that are out of control like Manzell last year and Winston now. Can anyone actually look me in the eye and tell me those kids as out of control as they were/are actually attended classes, did the classwork, and passed? I cannot believe they have the self control and desire to actually attend classes. Winning at all costs is all that matters. Such a sad testimony to mans priorities!
Love Navarre Beach
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:39 pm

I would be willing to bet my house that Jameis Winston reads and comprehends at no better than a 6th-7th grade level. I truly think he is a stupid human being. Shame on the high school teachers and principles and frankly the State Board of Education (who sets the standards and rules) for allowing him to get from grade to grade. This has been happening for decades. Who was the All Pro Washington Redskin from Houston who went into the Hall of Fame and he finally admitted he could not read a sentence. Went to High School here in Houston in the Houston Independent School District. A horrendous district that is primarily black and hispanic. Horrible schools. 5th largest school district in America.

No, they may be in class but do the ones getting in trouble actually attend for that hour....absolutely not. And again, the alums, the boosters the people putting pressure on the Presidents and the Head Coaches don't give a rat's ass whether they attend class. They just want him succeeding on the field every Saturday.

Return to “Sports”