It’s Game Week 5 for YOUR Favorite College Football Teams

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:53 pm

It’s Game Week 5 for YOUR Favorite College Football Teams

Click image to enlarge

Big football games this week in the SEC and all the conferences

I like Arkansas by 7 points against Texas A&M on Saturday. This could be the jump start that the Razorbacks need. Should be a great game.

Alabama is off this coming Saturday. Bama's next victim is Ole Miss, which should be a very tough game. I have Bama by 20 points.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Aggies vs. Arkansas at AT&T Stadium (Jerry Jones / Cowboy Stadium - Dallas). Plenty of Hog fans and even more Aggie fans.

I suspect Arkansas will show the country they are a better team than almost everyone gave them credit for and likewise, the nation should see that not only are the Aggies, bigger (yes..than last year), stronger (yes, than last year), faster (yes, than last year), quicker (yes, than last year) and have just as good a QB, if not better (yes, than last year) but they also have a receiving core, that is every bit as good as anyone in the country.

At least on paper, a good, solid, entertaining SEC matchup on National TV. Sumlin, like Nick Saban, is very hard to out coach and beat. Aggies will have home field advantage with the crowd. I am picking the Aggies although I suspect the start of the game will be a close contest, much like just about every notable game on Saturday.

Although the game will be played at a neutral site, the midnight yell practice will be astounding. Here is an intro the the leagues newest stadium only half completed. The other half..the end zone opposite the new scoreboard end will be demolished at the end of the season and a new fuller section built. 106K Capacity.

[video][/video]
iowajake

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:23 pm

Nice weekend of football. Some close games. Makes it so much fun for the neutral fan while watching those games. Iowa did have a nice comeback win against Pitt to move to 3-1. Purdue is up next...certainly not a pushover. Go Hawks, and Bear-down tonight!!!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Ya know Jake....as crazy as this sounds and frankly, there are a lot of professional athletes that have the same philosophy but I have always felt and thought...even during my playing days, that if one looked sharp, one was more apt to play sharply. Fact or fiction...no question it plays a role, at least for many.

I have always thought from day one that Iowa would and could and should, help itself by dropping those Pittsburgh Steeler uniforms and get more in with the college scene. Hey, it may even help them look speedier, quicker, etc.

Some cool things could be done with the Hawkeye's uni's. Hey, I am not opposed to white pants with the Hawkeye head on the front left...talon scratches on the sides of the legs. Helmets can stay. pants and jersey's need an update. Keep the white pants and rotate, gold/yellow and black tops.

What do you think?
iowajake

Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:59 am

Kid. I kinda like the uni's....sure they stole the look from the steelers...most people recognize and accept that. The did change the jerseys about 10 years or so ago..., and put the supposed wings on the shoulders and down the sleaves. We all laughed at my bros-in-law who bought a jacket w/that style....called him the banana man, cause that's what it looked like! that look quickly went away. They certainly could go old school, back when Nile Kinnick played...very subdued, yet very cool looking...in my opinion. Now, its all marketing, so they will fold to whatever Nike or Reebok, or whoever. That part makes me sick.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am

Ok Jake...I tried! Can we at least lose the yellow pants? :lol:

Another spectacular upcoming Saturday of College Football. Somebody is going down. At least 8 matchups of great interest and what should be great games.

Two great and FREE apps for those college football fans.

1. College Football Scoreboard
2. Watch ESPN
(this one allows you, with your username and password provided by your cable company, to watch a multitude of games LIVE on espn, espn 2, espnU, espn3, etc. There is a 3 second delay but if you are not watching the same game on TV, you don't know that. My Galaxy 5 with this app has saved me many times already when I could not be in front of the TV.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:14 pm

2 BIG Games Tonight on TV

Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech
UCLA vs. Arizona State
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:31 am

Two things learned from last night's games.

1. Texas Tech is gonna have to play for some type of bowl game....that will be their year. They simply don't have the weapons this year.

2. ASU is not worthy of a #15 ranking and they got spanked in their own home. Worst defeat by any football team in Sun Devil Stadium.

Personally, and I mean this literally, I think the Board should meet and discuss a similar yet different mascot for that team. A Sun Devil is actually a dust tornado in the dessert. Very cool to see and watch develop and if you are ever driving from Phoenix to Tuscon and especially in the summer, you will see handfuls of these things forming. However, to have a little demon devil with a pitchfork in it's hand as your mascot...well, over the past 40 years at least, ASU has not been in the College Football picture. Frank Kush was the last coach (and he was a demon) to have ASU in any kind of mix. He was sadistic!
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:57 am

Razorbacks! Bring it home with the run, threaten with the pass and cover those short slant passes!!!!!!! Oh and for the offensive line.. look big! :wink:
Attachments
suprise.jpg
suprise.jpg (28 KiB) Viewed 3931 times
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:12 am

Arkansas please beat Texas A&M!
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:39 am

Never seen someone so adamant about a team hopefully losing? Texas A&M is great for the SEC, has Bear Bryant AND Gene Stallings ties, has unbelievable fans (right up there with Nebraska's) and will soon have the very best stadium in college football. Why would someone possibly root against the Aggies????
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:11 am

GO HOGS!
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:57 am

Go Hogs...absolutely!! I would love for America to see the Hogs return to the status of past glory years. I hope they show the nation they are on the path back. I hope they have a very strong showing but are not quite yet up to the strength of Texas A&M

I also hope that Texas A&M shows just how strong they are on both sides of the ball. I hope they prove to the nation their defense is vastly improved and that they are a team to be reckoned with.

Both schools have great traditions and great fans and great fight songs....just listen to the renditions by Shirley Q. Liquor

[video][/video]
[video][/video]
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Well, Alabama is idle this week so I have to pick an SEC team that I think might pull off an upset tomorrow. So I will be pulling for Arkansas to beat Texas A&M.

[ytubehd][/ytubehd]
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:45 pm

I guess I will, too. Son-In-Law is from Arkansas.
Tough one - as have many friends (and/or their kids) who are Aggies - and love their Corps of Cadets history and traditions.

Do like the Arkansas head coach - Iowa Hawkeyes ties, too.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “Sports”