It’s Game Week 5 for YOUR Favorite College Football Teams

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:27 pm

PensacolaKid, I'm just pulling your chain. I really don't have a dog in this hunt. Both Arkansas and Arkansas are great football teams. May the best team win.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:27 am

[ytubehd][/ytubehd]
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:26 am

Actually Kenny, you do have a dog in this hunt, cause if the Aggies had lost, it makes it just ever so slightly in Alabama's favor, certainly in the SEC West. No worries though!!! However........

Let me offer my thoughts on the A&M vs. Arkansas game yesterday.

#1 What an outstanding SEC football game that was...WOW! The wife and I went over to some Aggie friend's house with another buddy who played Tight End at Arkansas. Of course, he was rooting for the Hogs as was my wife and she went to A&M for a year.

#2 I stand by my prediction that Arkansas will win 9 games this year. If they had (and my Arkansas buddy confirmed as well) a decent Offensive Coordinator, they probably would have won that game and they would be even more dangerous than they are. Poor play calling on their part. Little to no, "play action" passing that in a handful of scenarios, would have scored points.

#2 Texas A&M still has some holes they need to fill. In my opinion out of a 10 overall, they are a strong 8 and need improvement in a couple of areas to get it to the top. These next three games will show who and what Texas A&M really is in the SEC.

#4 Texas A&M showed resiliency and grit and did what they had to do, to win the game. Did they luck out....absolutely not. Kenny Hill was off. The receivers were off, the defense in many instances were off but they scored twice at the very end to secure the victory. Again they need to gel pretty quickly with MS State, Ole Miss and Bama upcoming.

#5 The Hogs need not hang their head and frankly, this next game will tell if they are really on the comeback or this defeat, deflated them. I think they will choose the former because the Hogs are coming back.

Other games....Georgia, one of my picks at the outset is just not clicking completely.
Tennessee.....watch out folks, they are coming back as well and have been playing predominantly Freshman this year. Next year, TN is going to surprise people.
FSU..dadgummit, almost got beaten and there is something missing with them as well.
Baylor...another stomp but have yet to be tested.
Auburn....another stomp but have yet to be tested.

This coming weekend. Bama vs. Ole Miss in Oxford. A&M vs. MS State in Starkville. 4 Top 15 teams in one conference and in the same division of the same conference, playing within 100 miles of each other.

Bama, Oregon and Oklahoma all idle. Something is going to break with coming weekend. Mark it!

Oh...lastly, the Hog/Aggie game came down to exactly the way I wanted it to and predicted it would be....albeit about 2 full quarters longer than I had hoped. Great showing Arkansas! You are on the path back.
Nidrah

Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:20 am

Congrats to aTm on their win over my Arkansas. It was a great game, until the 4th quarter!

Arkansas needs to learn how to win. We can't finish! Sadly, I don't think we'll we will win a conference game this year. I'm not getting my hopes up, anyways.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:28 am

Nonsense Nidrah....you guys will be winning 9 games this year. I am not so sure it is a matter of, "finishing" the game, I believe it is more a matter of their Offensive Coordinator and the play calling he did not do. They could have and possibly should have, beaten the Aggies. They have the talent. This will be a test for them and I hope they do not allow the defeat to defeat their progress. I want the Hogs back up to prominence in the SEC and frankly, all of football. Great school, great tradition, great fight song, great people, great Mascot and oh so deeeeelicious on the smoker. Sorry!
Nidrah

Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:57 am

How do you know it was the OC and not the QB changing the call? There is no doubt, we should have won that game! We have been outscored 96-14 in the 4th quarter, the past two seasons! We can't finish!

I do think it would be a nice gesture if the Aggies game their game ball to Dan Skipper of Arkansas. He had two HUGE penalties that cost us dearly!

I don't know if it was the atmosphere of THAT stadium, but that was the most undisciplined I've seen the Hogs under Coach Bielema.
Last edited by Nidrah on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Razorback

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:43 am

Well, I've been quite since the loss Saturday. That one was a punch to the gut for sure. I really think we turned a victory into a defeat against the Aggies. I've got to back away and not get so involved in sports. Too many life issues to let a game bother me as much as that one did Saturday. Now what I really wish I had right now was whatever you are smoking or taking PKId. You still saying the Hogs will win 9 games which means we have to go 6-1 the rest of the year. I've really got my doubts now that they can reach the 6-6 I hoped for to start the season. Got Bama at home in 2 weeks after a week off but I just cannot see us winning that game. I think we will fall 1 game short of making a bowl game which means we finish 5-7. W/o a doubt the Hogs are much improved but still some depth and holes to fill. the SEC West is sick with great teams!!
Love Navarre Beach
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:54 am

Ok...and only because we are dealing with a freaky SEC West (which no other teams have to deal with), I say, if they regroup and do NOT allow this defeat to deflate them, I say for sure 8 victories and yes, they will be in a bowl and a good one. I firmly believe and I mean this with every fiber of my being, I believe the Hogs and TN will be back next year and strong. Like truly competing for the SEC.
Nidrah

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Razorback wrote: That one was a punch to the gut for sure. I really think we turned a victory into a defeat against the Aggies. I've got to back away and not get so involved in sports. Too many life issues to let a game bother me as much as that one did Saturday.

Could not agree more!

Return to “Sports”