Who is it gonna be?

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:17 pm

My prediction....Ohio State, although I would prefer Oregon to win. I just think the Coaching, the bigger size, this new QB is making things happen, a key player for Oregon got himself kicked out of the game. I think too much is going to be thrust upon Mariota and he will make uncommon mistakes.

Who would have thunk it at the beginning of the year and during the first set of top four polls, that Ohio State would even be at this game. Partially because the "big boys" did not step when they needed to.
Razorback

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:46 pm

I'll take the Ducks. If I were a betting man though I would place my money on the Buckeyes. Strangely quite in the sports forum since the SEC got shut out of the championship game. I guess most on here are SEC folks and just lost interest once.
Love Navarre Beach
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Not me. I am a college football fan first and foremost and then SEC. I just love the game and the pageantry, the excitement. I am looking quite forward to this game. As I have stated a few times since the end of the regular season, I am not opposed to seeing other teams in other conferences playing extremely well and giving the SEC teams and run for their money. Makes the game better and more exciting. For instance, I can't wait to see a few things next year.

1. What will Auburn's defense do?
2. What will TCU bring forth?
3. What will Baylor bring forth?
4. What will Alabama do?
5. Oklahoma.....TN, Hogs?
6. What about USC
7. Or perhaps a team we don't even anticipate right now that comes up and kicks some butt and gets themselves in a very good position.

Very exciting!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Not me. I am a college football fan first and foremost and then SEC. I just love the game and the pageantry, the excitement. I am looking quite forward to this game. As I have stated a few times since the end of the regular season, I am not opposed to seeing other teams in other conferences playing extremely well and giving the SEC teams and run for their money. Makes the game better and more exciting. For instance, I can't wait to see a few things next year.

1. What will Auburn's defense do?
2. What will TCU bring forth?
3. What will Baylor bring forth?
4. What will Alabama do?
5. Oklahoma.....TN, Hogs?
6. What about USC
7. Or perhaps a team we don't even anticipate right now that comes up and kicks some butt and gets themselves in a very good position.

Very exciting!
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:12 pm

I am taking Oregon all the way!

Next year I know that Arkansas will be one the contending teams. Through out this season watch this team meld. The pass came along and the pass coverage as well. Their commitment as a team together with their physical toughness along with experience in winning will stand. The coach has given them mental toughness through rigorous physical training schedules and raising their average grade point. They now have the muscle memory and is time for the mental clarity.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:56 am

Like so many teams this year, the defense failed to come through for Oregon. They simply could not stop Ohio State or that running back, who by the way, ran right through the SEC/Alabama as well.

Will Urban Meyer overtake Nick Saban in the quest to become football's top coach? You can bank on one thing, Ohio State's recruiting just went through the roof and you can bet they will be a force next season as well.

My prediction as this early juncture.....

TCU vs. Ohio State in the Championship Game.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:21 am

Having grown up "Big-10" - have to say I'm pleased with the outcome of a "traditional Rose Bowl-esque" match up of top Big 10 team vs. top PAC-10(now 12) team for all the marbles!
Starts all over next September!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:35 am

Actually August Pete but the talk about next year will come into full swing in late July.

As for the final polls, I am in complete disagreement with Oregon being number 2. With a showing like that and with two losses.....TCU should have been #2 at the final poll. Toss up for #3 with either Oregon or Alabama.

Return to “Sports”