Joe Paterno & Penn State get back the wins

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:37 am

It appears that Penn State and Joe Paterno will get back the wins that were taken away from them during the height of the Sandusky Scandal. I for one believe it is the right thing to do.

In my opinion, I believe Joe Paterno was used as the scapegoat because he was just a high profile personality at the university. I am not saying, by any means, that Coach Paterno is completely innocent of the degree of atrocities that occurred under his watch. I believe he was an honest and loyal man to a fault. Our local high school went through something somewhat similar although it ultimately involved a high school Asst Coach (under his watch) and a High School senior girl (18 years old). Huge scandal in Houston and it ultimately cost a Godly and very well know Head Coach his 30+ year job and any possibilities of the stadium or field being named after him, which it should have.

He was in the very same mold in that although he did not commit the crime, he just did not believe that one of his coaches could go astray. Again....loyal and good natured, to a fault.

So, hopefully Penn State can rise to the top again and hopefully Sandusky is in literal hell on earth for what he did.
Razorback

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:57 am

I think he had some idea that things were wrong but did nothing. I also believe the NCAA again overstepped and proved once again a new model needs to be set up and the NCAA should go. This was a criminal case from the get go and they should have stayed out of the way. That being said, I wonder how I would feel if one of those abused children had been mine. Just a terrible situation all the way around.
Love Navarre Beach
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:55 am

It was indeed a terrible situation all around. The initial, horrendous and vile acts of one demon caused so much hurt and damage to so many. Frankly, I am still amazed someone has not killed Sandusky in prison.

Return to “Sports”