Third Week Action

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:46 am

Wow, it appears that thus far this season, the pickin's are slim for the very dominant D1 teams. Is there any team that is taking the lead? If there is, personally I believe it would be Michigan State. They look strong but again, all the top teams have really not played a very strong schedule. We are, however, about to embark on the meat of everyone's schedule.

I did have the opportunity to go to the University of Houston vs. Texas State game at the new TDECU Stadium on the University of Houston Campus. Not only was I there, my wife and I got seats literally behind the UofH bench, 50 yard line. American Athletic Conference vs. Sunbelt Conference. Sure, not the best conferences for sure but one thing I noticed being that close to the action, college football players are very large and very fast these days. UofH lost it's backup QB, Adam Schultz to a torn ACL. Schultz was a transfer from the mighty Utes of Utah.

Btw...I have been to an enormous amount of campuses in America due to my love of football and due to my business that caters to Universities (amongst other areas) and the University of Houston campus is one of the best looking campuses in America. Hate the city but love the campus.

Heisman front runners? LSU RB, Georgia RB and Michigan State QB.

Auburn...they suck!

TCU vs. Texas Tech...did you see this game. WOW!! Air Raid!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:57 am

One other thing....the University of Texas lost again. Mark my words, the UofT people pulling the strings of the program will not tolerate another losing season in Austin. UofTexas is one of those top ten programs that should, year end and year out, be vying for the national title. Unless Texas makes a dramatic turnaround and starts dominating people, look for Charlie Strong to be out at the end of the year and if I were a bettin' man, there are a couple of people that UT will be courting and one of them resides in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

Let us keep a couple of things in mind. Number one, no other school comes close to the University of Texas in money. Not even a race and that includes Ohio State, Penn State and Alabama. They want for nothing and have very deep pockets. Number two and this is my own personal opinion but supported by a handful of people I know personally who coach in D1 college football, Nick Saban is loyal to the task at hand, whomever that happens to be at the time. Meaning, be it Alabama, Michigan State, Kent State, Miami Dolphins...whomever. With him, it is the task, the goal at hand that gets his attention and not necessarily the school or city. Throw a few more million on his base from the deep pockets at UT and BAM.....Texas Longhorns are back in the saddle. Let us not forget, Nick Saban is one very good football coach but he also has a very huge ego and drive. Again, just one man's opinion though.

Return to “Sports”