Week of Oct 24th

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:45 am

Holy toledo, what an incredible college football Saturday. A lot happened that could and will shake up the landscape.

How bout those Yellow Jackets taking down FSU on the last play? Loved it.

How bout USC taking down #3 Utah? New coach, new outlook!

How about the Baylor QB (Heisman Candidate) breaking a bone in his neck and out now for some time. What happens to Baylor now?

Texas wins again....whaaaaaat?

Auburn and Arkansas in a 5 OT game.....outstanding. Way to go Hogs.....Woooooo Pig Soooie!

TN....you almost had the Tide. Almost. Great game.

Al Golden out as the Miami Head Coach. I have it straight from the horses mouth that the troubles with Miami are far more than the Head Coaching situation. A university with a very storied past has major major issues in the athletic department including facilities, no stadium, etc. They are however, presented with the very same issues that Baylor had (and Baylor never had the storied past) and look where Baylor is today. One of the very finest in every capacity. No reason Miami can't do the same thing but it is going to take a new AD with a vision and persistence and dedication to make it happen.

George Leary out as the U of Central Florida HC. Did you know that UCF is the largest university in the nation as it pertains to enrollment and actually has a campus!!! Yep...bigger than MI, AL, TX, TX A&M, Penn State and Ohio State.

A&M loses again. Sumlin on the hot seat? I hope so, perhaps it will shake him into reality and stop all the buddy buddy crapola he has with players.

The Houston Texans are about as inept as a professional team can be.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:00 am

RazorbackBand.jpg
RazorbackBand.jpg (121.09 KiB) Viewed 2144 times
Razorback win was a nail biter (FOUR O.T.s!?).
Son-in-law was there with some of his HS band kids - (to get motivated, didn't play).

Iowa is getting rested up?

Also pleased that Vikings bested Lions - was supposed to be even up.
Attachments
SILrazorback.jpg
SILrazorback.jpg (95.29 KiB) Viewed 2144 times
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Nidrah

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:50 am

Woo Pig! Razorbacks won!

I think Gus will be on the hot seat before Sumlin.

I won't lie, I was singing Rocky Top on Saturday (don't ban me Kenny)! Really good game!

Also, please pray for Arkansas Razorback RB Rawleigh Williams III. He injured his neck during Saturday's game but is expected to make a full recovery.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:02 am

I think Gus will be ok unless they completely implode before the end of the year. I do believe some of the others coaching staff will be departing though. As for Sumlin, again, I have it from the sources that he has the polar opposite methodology than say a Nick Saban. He is a play around, buddy buddy type of coach and we are seeing where that has gotten him over the last three years. Again, Texas A&M is in the elite top 5 of athletic programs, facilities, etc., if not top 3 and in some eyes maybe the very top. I have been there and seen everything from the locker rooms to the stadium to the baseball facilities to the basketball facilities. One would be hard pressed to find better. With that said and with a lot of money and a lot of alumni, he is not going to be able to continue down the same path. Sumlin is a good coach but I think he lacks discipline, drive and determination on that team and the last three teams.
iowajake

Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:45 am

Iowa played well enough to win, and that is what counts most right now. Up next is Indiana, which should be a "W" also, but we sure can't afford to look pass them. Would have been nice is Notre Dame would have lost, as well as Stanford, so we could have moved a few slots forward.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:23 am

Yep, the pot is starting to get stirred up a bit. I would never in a million years put any stock into this first 4 listing or even the next two. Waaaaay too many things are going to happen and this upcoming weekend will be one of them. Bama or LSU is going to fall. If Bama is beaten, they are out period. If LSU loses and not by much, I think LSU could still be in the mix. I am having a hard time with the Baylor selection. Don't get me wrong, love watching them and Art Briles is a heck of a coach but they don't play anyone and to leave Michigan State and TCU out. Again, though way too early yet.

Yep those Hawkeyes are making a statement. Glad to see it!

Return to “Sports”