College Football Rankings

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:20 am

'Tis a good year (and week) to be a life-long Big-10 fan.
Original Big-10 teams hold six places in top-25 on all 3 polls: Ohio St., Iowa, Michigan, Michigan St., Northwestern, and Wisconsin!
And Iowa at #5 on the CFB Selection Committee!!??? (that, I doubt, will hold).
I guess enjoy it while I can.........
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:31 am

Cheers Pete! It's a good year to be a Razorback Fan. The games have been entertaining and full of heart... of course excluding Alabama game.

Was watching the game in Navarre and all was good. Then a fire broke out at the grills. Called 911, watched the incredible volunteer fire department go to work. Come back and Alabama is kicking some serious b*.

:(
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:53 am

Alabama-We-Live-It.jpg
Alabama-We-Live-It.jpg (42.02 KiB) Viewed 4687 times
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:52 am

I do believe that that three best teams at this very moment are:

Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson and not necessarily in that order. Alabama is strong and so is Clemson.

Watch out though, should Bama stumble the remainder of the way, the SEC might very well be out of the top four for good.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:57 am

Another interesting Saturday.

I count seven upsets in top 25???? Not the least of which - Arkansas (woo-pig-sooie) over LSU (to go with their upset of Mississippi!), and Oklahoma over Baylor!!!!!
Can Razorbacks next handle Mississippi State Bulldogs, too?

Five of the ranked Big-10 teams had a win (Wisconsin, a bye) - and the Hawkeyes got Floyd of Rosedale trophy (claimed to be the oldest traveling rivalry trophy?, 1935? links below) over Minnesota!
Go Hawkeyes! :D

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/tra ... -floyd.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa%E2%8 ... sedale_Era
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:43 am

Whaaatt?? Iowa is #3 in both AP and USA rankings!!!??? While I LOVE it - not so sure "really" that good? I mean, strength of schedule is so-so, only ranked teams beaten were Wisconsin (19 - now not ranked) and Northwestern (20 - now 17).
Gotta get by Nebraska (and all of my wife's relatives in Omaha who are Cornhusker alum/fans) - and see who have to play in big 10-title game. Win THAT one, and I'm a believer.

Sure was sorry for Arkansas - if I heard the commentators correctly - third time in a row that they have lost to Mississippi State in a last minute squeaker?

Certainly the success in Big-10 this year has helped get some of their games on home TV here in SEC country!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:43 am

Hey CONGRATULATIONS to the mighty Hawkeyes....WOW!!! Who'da thunk it?????

Here is my pick...a far cry from my prediction of last year.....

Clemson vs. Bama
Iowa vs. Notre Dame

Very hard to pick. I just have not seen enough of any of these but Bama and they certainly look strong and consistent. It will be fun though for sure.

As for the Heisman race....this is a weird year. There has been no one to really make a substantial move to the front. There has not been a pivotal astounding mind blowing player this year. There have been some steady good solid players though.

Here is my pick based on that....and of course, it has everything to do with this coming weekend....

Derrick Henry - University of Alabama.

He seems to put together the strongest case and has played very well.

I could be wrong but I am going with Alabama as the National Champion. Could it be an Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Alabama Crimson Tide National Title Game???? :shock:
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:31 pm

Plum forgot about Michigan State and their win vs a top three team, Ohio State. Boy, that could also vault them into the top 4. This weekend, as it should, will be the telltale. If the top say 6 teams win impressively, that is going to be a very tough call to make as to who deserves to be in the final 4. Iowa and Clemson are THE only teams without a loss. Of the one loss teams....Baylor (who looked most impressive against Ok State), Oklahoma, Bama, Irish, Michigan State....man oh man.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:03 am

Clemson all the way.

:D
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:38 am

It very well could be the year for the Fighting Dabo'so Linda. They look sharp. I was on the campus several weeks ago for work. Very pretty school and I loved being in Death Valley and seeing the Rock.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:14 pm

CAN I GET A ROLL TIDE?
Some-Guys-Have-All-The-Luck.jpg
Some-Guys-Have-All-The-Luck.jpg (43.54 KiB) Viewed 4529 times
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:15 am

Roll Tide! (unless they are playing a Big-10 school). :wink:

GO HAWKEYES! Beat Nebraska!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
iowajake

Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:18 am

Go Hawks! Great win over Nebraska. Helped that we had 4 picks, but hey, we take what they give us. Michigan State will be extremely tough to beat this weekend in Indy. No one, and i mean no one, from Coach Ferentz, to the players to the most die-hard fan could have thunk that at the beginning of the season Iowa would 12-0, and with a win, be in the playoff for the championship. Been a wonderful season, and looking forward to the next game.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:44 am

Love it. Way to go Hawkeye's. (my wife's Nebraska relatives are kinda quiet!)
Not holding my breath about the game against Spartans, though. Tough one.

If Iowa happens to not prevail in advancing to the BCS final four - do they get the Rose Bowl?
That would be pretty cool, too!

Big-10 again has 6-teams (all originals, not the 4 expansion teams) ranking in top 25 (both AP and USA) with Wisconsin sneaking back in at #25.
Looks like there might be a Big-10 vs. SEC matchup in the BCS final four! Also would be tough!
Last edited by Pete on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:56 pm

I think it is absolutely fantastic that we have Clemson and Iowa in the top four. Iowa is truly a remarkable story and all Hawkeye fans should be very proud indeed and who knows, if they get by Michigan State, they have every bit as much chance to hoist that trophy as anyone.

This upcoming weekend will tell all. Think about all the possibilities. What if Clemson is defeated by 11-1 North Carolina? What if Bama stumbles against Florida? We could potentially have the following......

Oklahoma / Michigan State - Iowa / North Carolina / Stanford or anything in between.

Ain't college football great!!!

By the way, Derrick Henry has absolutely won the Heisman hands down. Great player.

Auburn did a great job in hanging with a very talented and good Bama team.

And my Alma Mater.....University of Houston (Go Coogs) with a win this weekend, they could very easily find themselves in a New Years Day Bowl. Great season with a great coach, who I hope stays at UofH. They have thrown 3 million at him to get him to stay.

Return to “Sports”