College Football Rankings

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:49 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:It very well could be the year for the Fighting Dabo'so Linda. They look sharp. I was on the campus several weeks ago for work. Very pretty school and I loved being in Death Valley and seeing the Rock.
One game at a time. Increased blood pressure meds as we go. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the Clemson campus. It's beautiful. I watch the games and think of my kids, then 5 and 1, standing on the paw on the 50 yard line and also touching the rock and running down the hill. Back then the rock was open to touch.

Alabama, Florida, or Clemson has too keep the trophy in the South - no matter SEC or ACC. :P
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:48 am

Linda wrote: Alabama, Florida, or Clemson has too keep the trophy in the South - no matter SEC or ACC. :P
I sure hope a Big-10 team puts on a good challenge - and a win would be even better!
Old days of Big-10 glory and all that! Don't want ACC/SEC to take too much for granted.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:38 am

In my humble opinion, we have Michigan State, Alabama, Iowa, Clemson, Oklahoma, Stanford and frankly, I believe either of these teams could and would beat any of the other teams on any given day. I do believe that Bama may have a slight advantage just from being coached by Saban. Don't particularly like his personality (too damn uptight) but I believe he brings a different dimension to the team that the other coaches do not. Having said that, heck, this year, it could be Iowa.....who knows??? :shock:

It is gonna be a fun ride though for college football fans starting tomorrow and going until the night of January 11, 2016. Go HOUSTON COUGARS. We need a Jan 1 bowl game!!!
Linda
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:16 am

Clemson took the ACC last night and held on to their winning season 13-0. It was a rough ride and many mistakes were made but, as usual, they rallied after halftime. Favorite quote from Dabo last night, "We've got a whole half to play." :lol: Now thats a positive attitude. Lots of trash talk this morning about him yelling at the kicker. I'm here to tell you, I've watched every game for the last few years and it's rare to see him do that. The guy did not carry out the play, did his own thing, and you can't play as a team with a loose cannon - just my humble opinion.

Wayne the Train Gallman is amazing. DeShaun Watson, also.

Any who, here we go on to the playoffs. I still say one game at a time. It's all my blood pressure can handle.

:D

Great games yesterday. Congrats to all the winners.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:47 am

Yep, Clemson is deserving of the #1 ranking and might possibly be the best team in the country. We shall see.

It will be interesting to see who they match up with who....

Clemson / Alabama / Oklahoma / Michigan State.

And a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to the Iowa Hawkeyes who have had a phenomenal season and who will absolutely be in a New Years Day bowl....Perhaps again the Houston Cougars???? Yeah....Coogs!!

It is very hard to say who of those four is the best or most solid team. Defensively, I might have to hand it to Bama. Offensively....man, between Oklahoma, Clemson and Michigan State.....that is a tough call but maybe between Clemson and Oklahoma. It is going to be fun though.

Hey Florida did not have a chance and through almost three quarters, they held in there.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:49 am

Iowa - almost! :( Gotta, give Trojans credit.
Heck of a winning drive - and left Hawkeys with no time.
But hey - we got the Rose Bowl! Big-10 vs. Pac-10 (or 8, or 12, or whatever they are now?) nostalgia game! Hope can show them a thing or three!
Good luck to your favorite teams in the bowls! (unless your team is Stanford! - and, I am going to be pulling for Michigan St., too.)
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:30 am

It is going to be a great post season Bowl lineup. Some incredible games upcoming. The mighty Hawkeye's should be darn proud of this season and it ain't over with yet!
iowajake

Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:34 am

The Hawkeyes have had an awesome year. Despite not winnig the Big 10 (14?) championship, they have far exceeded any anticipations at the beginning of the year. Looking forward to the Rose Bowl against Stanford. It sure has been a fun ride!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:37 am

iowajake wrote:The Hawkeyes have had an awesome year. It sure has been a fun ride!
:D :D :D :D :D
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “Sports”