Very Bizarre Start To The 2016 College Football Season

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:03 am

Well, yesterday we got our first taste of 2016 College Football and what a day it was. Now we still have two games (four teams) to play starting tonight but overall, I think just a handful of teams separated themselves.

Let me first give kudos to my Alma Mater, University of Houston Cougars, who defeated a very good Oklahome team yesterday here in Houston at NRG Stadium. Houston is for real! Their Head Coach, Tom Herman is for real. Very exciting to watch and as we are trying desperately to get into the Big 12, that performance yesterday might have sealed the deal.

Who looked strong? Well, you have to say Alabama looks very strong seeing that it is only the first game. Gotta give kudos to the Sabanator and the team. They looked a bit weak offensively at the start but they kicked it in. Also, I think Ohio State and Michigan are also up there at this early juncture.

LSU...Miles had better make some Offensive decisions and quickly or he will be gone before the end of the year. The SEC overall....sucked. Auburn held their own with Clemson yesterday and came within inches of possibly upsetting the #2 team. Clemson had better improve dramatically in order to be there at the end again.

1AA...Richmond Spiders and South Dakota State looked very strong. SDS took TCU to the very end and Richmond beat U of Virginia. WOW!

Gonne be fun this year. Tonight....Hook'em Horns!!!

Tomorrow night.....Go Rebels!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:01 pm

And the #17 Iowa Hawkeyes notched a win. Any win is a win!
(right? Iowajake)

And yes, Wisconsin over LSU was big for the Big 10.

Noting also, Big 10 top-25 ranked: #6 Ohio St, #7 Michigan, #12 Michigan St. - all wins ----- as well as seven other out-of-conference first-game wins. Twelve out of 14 in conference won.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Yesterday was a head scratcher for sure. Kudos to Alabama and Whew to Arkansas. how many players are out or on the bench because of their behavior outside of the game. Knew that had been mentioned in blogs throughout the summer.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:30 am

WOW!!! Do you watch that Texas/Notre Dame game....UNBELIEVABLE :shock:

Good for Texas. They have a great young...very young, true freshman who killed it. They have a very good coach in Charlie Strong and the Longhorns are one of those schools who have been down for a very long time and should be one of those schools in the top 6 year end and year out.

That game was definitely in my top three games of all time. I am glad to see the Longhorns bounce back. Good for the game.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:13 am

PensacolaKid wrote:WOW!!! Do you watch that Texas/Notre Dame game....UNBELIEVABLE :shock:

Good for Texas. They have a great young...very young, true freshman who killed it. They have a very good coach in Charlie Strong and the Longhorns are one of those schools who have been down for a very long time and should be one of those schools in the top 6 year end and year out.

That game was definitely in my top three games of all time. I am glad to see the Longhorns bounce back. Good for the game.
Yep, it's great to see Texas back! What makes this Texas team different than other Texas teams over the past few years? DEFENSE!

In saying this it takes nothing away from the Texas offense and special teams. The freshman quarterback is going to be a great one. Congratulations to Texas on a great start.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:24 am

Alabama's QB, Jalen Hurts is a true freshman from Channelview Texas. I watched him in high school. Would not surprise me to see him in the Heisman hunt even this year. Gonna be an astounding talent!
iowajake

Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Iowa off to good start....Iowa State not so much, loosing to U of Northern Iowa at home....ouch. Hawks play under the lights at Kinnick against Iowa State on Saturday, and they will have their hands full. Was a very enjoyable long weekend watching all the games. Loved that Houston won, Illinois won with Lovie Smith, and Norte Dame lost!

Return to “Sports”