College Baseball Tourny in Houston

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:46 am

If any of you TX folks are college baseball fans - and have time or inclination - consider supporting this worthy cause:

Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic. March 3-5 at Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas.
The baseball tournament will feature the University of Mississippi, Baylor University, Texas Tech University, Texas A&M University, Texas Christian University and Louisiana State University. The 2017 lineup could be the strongest in the tournament’s 17-year history. Five of the six teams are ranked in the 2017 Collegiate Baseball Newspaper Fabulous 40 NCAA® Division I pre-season poll.

To learn more, and to purchase tickets, please visit;
http://astros.mlb.com/hou/ticketing/college_classic.jsp
Last edited by Pete on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:30 am

My wife and I went last year. A very fun time at the park because you can sit where ever you wish, great ball and the roof is open. Stunningly good weather. I may very well go down tomorrow. Our HUUUUUUGE yearly, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is kicking off next week and the annual BBQ cookoff is tomorrow and we have tickets to that so, I may have to catch the games on Sunday. Last year I witnessed a kid from TCU hit it out of the park.....I mean, literally out of Minutemaid Park onto the street.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 am

If you have FSWW..Fox Sports SW, these games are also televised beginning at noon today. I shall be watching.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:01 pm

Results of B'ball tournament:

"On March 3-5, the 2017 Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic returned to Minute Maid Park, the home of the Astros, in Houston, Texas. This event was a collaborative effort between Shriners Hospitals for Children and the Astros Foundation.
The College Classic is regarded as one of the top collegiate baseball tournaments in the nation, and continues to draw fans, top-ranked programs and scouts from every major league organization each year.
The three-day tournament featured the University of Mississippi, Baylor University, Texas Tech University, Texas A&M University, Texas Christian University and Louisiana State University. The tournament was televised by the FOX Sports family of networks, and streamed live on FOX Sports GO.
At the conclusion of the 2017 Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic, TCU was named Tournament Champion, with a perfect 3-0 record on the weekend.
The attendance total of 53,565 broke the 17-year record as the most attended Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic ever. Shriners Hospitals for Children will receive a $46,334 donation from the Astros Foundation, equivalent to the number of tickets/weekend passes sold."
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:29 pm

It was indeed a great tournament. Super teams this year.

Return to “Sports”