Upcoming Bowl Games

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:14 am

Calling it here and now......Bama 45 / Oklahoma 34...............Clemson 41 / Notre Dame 28

Bama/Clemson IV..............

Clemson 31 / Bama 28
EconProf
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:25 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:14 am
Calling it here and now......Bama 45 / Oklahoma 34...............Clemson 41 / Notre Dame 28

Bama/Clemson IV..............

Clemson 31 / Bama 28
You had me to almost the end. Based on head-to-head, Clemson beat Texas A&M 28-26 on 9/8 and Bama beat Texas A&M 45-23* on 9/22.

*Tua did not play most of the second half. Otherwise, the score would have been 66-23.

BAMA WINS!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:55 am

Ordinarily would agree Econprof but as much as I admire what Saban and Bama have done and I do, trust me, a part of me wants someone else in there. However, if Saban wins it all, I firmly believe he will walk away. His records will probably not be equaled for decades, if ever....he will go down as the winningest coach of all time, he already has a statue and the only thing remaining is a museum which will no doubt be built if he wins.

I am anxious to see someone else at the helm and my guess is that Bama would go first to Dabo Sweeney. Would he take it? A bigggggg question mark there.

If Oklahoma's QB is feeling much better and if they can somehow pull a defense together, a Bama win today is not in the books by any means. I really hope it is a great game.
EconProf
Power User
Power User

Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:40 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:55 am
Ordinarily would agree Econprof but as much as I admire what Saban and Bama have done and I do, trust me, a part of me wants someone else in there. However, if Saban wins it all, I firmly believe he will walk away. His records will probably not be equaled for decades, if ever....he will go down as the winningest coach of all time, he already has a statue and the only thing remaining is a museum which will no doubt be built if he wins.

I am anxious to see someone else at the helm and my guess is that Bama would go first to Dabo Sweeney. Would he take it? A bigggggg question mark there.

If Oklahoma's QB is feeling much better and if they can somehow pull a defense together, a Bama win today is not in the books by any means. I really hope it is a great game.
I think Miss Terry wants Nick to stay on the field for about 4 or 5 more years. She says he is impossible when he is home with nothing to do.

I think Dabo is the logical choice and would take the position in a New York minute. Dabo is my first choice.

I hope Kyle Murray gets rattled early and often tonight.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
Linda
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:27 am

Dabo will stay with Clemson. He's turned that team into Champions and he's got more work to do and more lives to influence.

Good games yesterday. Wish ND would have stepped up a bit more, as I know they are capable. Clemson will see Alabama in Cali!

GO TIGERS!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:20 am

I'm happy with yesterday - both my BigTen teams won - Iowa (especially) and Ohio State! I think that makes about five bowl wins for the BigTen!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:16 pm

Going Nuts...I am making a valiant effort to remain off of Facebook but wanted to respond to your response to my post on Facebook about Georgia not showing up. I agree with you that once the playoffs are set (and I would like to see this go to 6 for sure and ideally 8, the Bowl Games are virtually meaningless and most certainly all the ones up until Jan 1. For a multitude of reasons, the Dawg's did not want to play and it was reflected in their attitude and play. I cannot stand UT or their fans but they came out to play and they did. Congratulations to the Longhorns.

Return to “Sports”