ALABAMA DOES IT AGAIN...#1 IN RECRUITING!

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:57 pm

February 4, 2009

Rivals.com
Jeremy Crabtree
Recruiting Editor

ALABAMA DOES IT AGAIN!

ImageNick Saban has now claimed two recruiting national titles in three years at Alabama.

When it was crunch time, Alabama coach Nick Saban pulled out the Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer and pounded his way to his second consecutive Rivals.com recruiting national championship.

Nick Saban has now claimed two recruiting national titles in three years at Alabama.

The Crimson Tide were crowned the nation's best again after finishing with a remarkable run in Saban's third recruiting class in Tuscaloosa. The Tide closed with running back Eddie Lacy, offensive lineman Brandon Moore, linebacker Tana Patrick and wide receivers Kenny Bell and Kendall Kelly on Wednesday.

Alabama secured the title when five-star running back Trent Richardson signed his letter of intent with the Crimson Tide late Wednesday afternoon.

The Tide finished just ahead of LSU, USC, Ohio State and Texas. The rest of the top 10 consisted of Florida State at No. 6, Michigan at No. 7, North Carolina at No. 8, Georgia at No. 9 and Florida at No. 10.

There are several uncommitted players who could cause some shifts in the top 10, but nobody has enough left on the board to knock the Tide from the top.

Though the late flurry was enough to push Alabama to the No. 1 spot, it was the Tide's early commitments that laid the foundation.

When he committed Nov. 11, 2007, nobody imagined how important D.J. Fluker would be. Nobody knew Fluker was going to eventually rank as the No. 1 offensive tackle and the No. 3 player overall in the nation.

"I love the school and everything they bring to the table," Fluker said shortly after committing. "It's a great situation for me from a player standpoint because I love the way the coaches teach and communicate with their players. I know they can help me become a better player and they are building something special. I feel very comfortable around the coaching staff and players."

THE TOP 10

The top 10 recruiting classes in the nation:
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. USC
4. Ohio State
5. Texas
6. Florida State
7. Michigan
8. North Carolina
9. Georgia
10. Florida
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:25 am

That is indeed good news for us Bama fans, Kenny! At least we know they will be competitive over the next several years. However, as was the case last year, it appears with the returning kids from the Gators that the national championship will once again have to go over, through, under or around the U of Florida! At least that is what the experts are telling us. Of course, USC will be there as well! I don't care for California or USC!!!
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Its getting close to that time again....I see Saban will have an extra incentive to be national champions. He would get 100k more than the highest paid coach in college. Now Florida's Myer just got a new contract at 4 million...I wish my dad (ex-coach) was around these days to see this kind of money being thrown around. :shock:

Return to “Sports”