Tiger Woods in the news again

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Tiger Woods, on more than one occasion, since his highly publicized ordeal, has stated that he intended to bring more honor and integrity to the game via himself. Personally, I feel those were simply words he knew we wanted to hear. Tiger wants and will do what Tiger wants to do. This latest fiasco with the disgusting spitting incident is just another example of what I mean. I feel he needs to see, hear and review what Brit Humes said last year. It stands firm today as well!

Floridawant2B

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:04 pm

P'Kid,
I agree with you. Tiger is a disappointment to me and has lost his opportunity to be an icon for kids to look up to. Even before his very public break-up with his now ex-wife, I had read and heard that he had a very nasty mouth.
Karma happens...
Those in the public eye have a responsibility to be an example to those that look up to and admire them.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:21 am

Flawant2B,

Yes, on the rare occasions that Tiger Woods grants us a public viewing, usually at a Golf Major tournament, he regularly cuses and is fined every time he does so. I understand the cameras are wanting to focus on him perhaps more so that other golfers. Comes with the territory for sure.

It has been said and I know this to be very accurate...."you can tell a lot about the person on the inside, by what is shown on the outside." I believe Tiger Woods to be a very conflicted, narcissistic person, who has, at least over the last 15 years, not had too many people say, "no" to him. He is a troubled young man and I feel as Brit Hume does.

I do not feel he will approach the level at which he was and perhaps will sink even further until such time he relinquishes control and seeks a greater purpose than himself.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 am

I used to like Tiger ... he did some pretty incredible things for the youth and his Foundation. Unfortunately, fame tore him down. He thoght he was above the law (and still does), which has ruined his image, his family, and his golf game.

He reminds me of a spoiled brat who always got everything he ever wanted ... now, he can't have his wife, or a winning round of golf. I'd venture to say that young man needs to start praying .... and not to Budda.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 am

Someone else who is in the exact same mold as Tiger and maybe even worse....Oprah Winfrey. What she is now (as a person and her belief system), compared to what she was 15 years ago....night and day. Talking about a screwed up, narcissistic, individual. She is it! Worst of all...her Christian faith and belief system has been compromised by fame and fortune. Very sad for her because all of her money and all the schools she builds and all the trips she pays for and all the cars she buys, are not going to mean diddly squat at that last minute!

Return to “Sports”