Heisman Watch 2011

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:36 am

Here is my prediction and would be anxious to hear yours.

This past weekend, Andrew Luck had a pretty good game and against a mediocre Notre Dame team who is now 8-4.

Trent Richardson had an outstanding game against a mediocre Auburn, 7-5.

RGIII was having an outstanding game against a very mediocre Texas Tech team, 5-7.

Case Keenum had another spectacular day against a mediocre Tulsa team

I believe those four will be the one's invited to NYC. So, who has the advantage? My educated guess is the following......

Should RG III (Robert Griffin III from Baylor) have an outstanding game this coming Saturday against the Texas Longhorns, 7-4 and I mean outstanding, he may be the front runner from not only stats but he is THE most dynamic and exciting player in college. Competition, with the exception of his performance against OK will hinder him, UNLESS he cakewalks through Texas this weekend.

Luck.....he has much going his way. #1, he was second last year. #2 the people voting love the guy and love the fact that he forfeited millions to return to school and get his degree. #3 he is smart and will be the number one pick in the NFL. #4 he has set all kinds of stanford and has darn fine stats this year. #5 he is on a top 5 team.

Richardson has better stats than the previous Alabama winner and plays in the best and toughest conference in college football. He is dynamic and has done a tremendous amount for his team and they are #2 in the polls and BCS.

Case Keenum....simply playing in the Conference USA will hinder him, although he holds every single college record we have. He will definitely have to be invited and should he have a cake walk through Southern Miss, #23 or #24 depending on the poll, he could move way up and may have an outside chance. Very same scenario as Andre Ware from U of H back in the 90's. He was not supposed to win either but he did.

Final prediction..........wow, this is tough but either RGIII or Luck

Andrew Luck will be the 2011 Heisman Award Winner.....barring III having the game of the year this Saturday.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:59 am

Trent Richardson is the BEST football player in the country and will win the Heisman Trophy!

Tide's Trent Richardson named the SEC Offensive Player of the Week for a third time

By Don Kausler Jr./Tuscaloosa Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times al.com

ImageTrent Richardson (3) breaks a 57-yard run in the fourth quarter of Alabama's 42-17 victory Saturday, Nov. 26, 2011 at Auburn. (The Birmingham News/Mark Almond)

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- For a third time this season, Trent Richardson has been named the Southeastern Conference's Offensive Player of the Week.

This time, Alabama's star running back had to share the recognition. South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw also is a co-offensive player of the week.

Alabama senior center William Vlachos has been named the SEC's co-Offensive Lineman of the Week. He shares the honor with Vanderbilt tackle Kyle Fischer.

Richardson ran 27 times for a career-high 203 yards Saturday in leading No. 2 Alabama to a 42-14 victory at Auburn.

He also caught a 5-yard touchdown pass.

Previously Richardson was the offensive player of the week after a 38-14 victory over Arkansas on Sept. 24 and after a 52-7 victory on Oct. 15 at Ole Miss. He had 128 yards rushing and 85 yards and a touchdown receiving against Arkansas. he ran for 183 yards and four touchdowns at Ole Miss.

Richardson's performance at Auburn marked the 11th 200-yard rushing game in school history and the first since Mark Ingram (246 vs. South Carolina in 2009).

Richardson now leads the SEC and is ranked sixth nationally, averaging 131.9 yards per game. It was his 9th 100-yard rushing game of the season.

Shaw completed 14-of-20 passes for 210 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions and rushed for a career-best 107 yards on 19 carries and another TD in South Carolina's 34-13 victory over Clemson.

LSU's Tyrann Mathieu was named the defensive player of the week.Playing safety instead of cornerback in place of an injured ERic Reid, the "Honey Badger" collected eight total tackles, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and a 92-yard punt return for a touchdown in LSU's 41-17 victory over Arkansas.

Vlachos received the Tide's top grade on the offensive line -- 97 percent -- in the victory at Auburn. That grade tiedtied for the highest of any Alabama offensive lineman this season. He helped Alabama average 6.1 yards per rush and did not allow a sack or pressure and had no missed assignments or penalties.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:02 pm

for my Auburn fans that includes friends and family...

...RUN TRENT RUN
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:01 am

The Houston Chronicle this morning had an article about the top four Heisman candidates....Case Keenum (Houston), Robert Griffin III (Baylor), Trent Richardson (Alabama). and Andrew Luck (Stanford). The article talked about past Heisman, Ah-Ha moments that won the trophy for certain people. For instance, Doug Flutie's, hail mary pass.....Desmond Howard's, kickoff return in which he flashed the Heisman pose. Charlie Ward's pass during the national championship game. Both Keenum (who is fourth in the rating right now) and RGIII have opportunities for those Heisman moments, starting tomorrow morning with Houston playing Southern Miss.

Do not be surprised if Houston, who is a good team no doubt, gets beaten by Southern Miss and it will be because of the all the talk about Sumlin possibly going to AZ State or even Texas A&M. HORRENDOUS time for them to start dropping his name right before the most important games in the history of UofH.

Likewise, RGIII has a great opportunity tomorrow against Texas. I said it before and will say it again, if RGIII has an Oklahoma type of day or better......the trophy is his.

Richardson....nothing he can do. Same with Luck but Luck has last years position, a solid year this year, the #1 draft pick and the media is in love with him......all to move him possibly to the top spot.

My money....RGIII if he plays lights out.

Based on the above information and it all playing out like I mentioned...

1. RGIII
2. Luck
3. Richardson
4. Keenum

If RGIII has a bad game....

1. Luck
2. Richardson
3. Keenum
4. RGIII
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:19 am

Matt Barkley could be Trent Richardson's best friend in Heisman race

Published: Thursday, December 01, 2011
By Kevin Scarbinsky, Birmingham News al.com

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Lane Kiffin did Nick Saban a favor in the BCS hunt when Kiffin's USC team handed Oregon its second defeat and knocked the Ducks out of the national championship conversation.

Kiffin's best player, quarterback Matt Barkley, could turn out to be the best friend of Saban's best player, running back Trent Richardson, in the Heisman Trophy race.

Richardson's closest competitor appears to be Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck. Before voters ask themselves if Luck is the best player in the country this season, they should wonder if he's the best quarterback in his league this year.

Barkley's numbers match up quite well with Luck's. For the season, Barkley has completed 69.1 percent of his passes for 3,528 yards and 39 touchdowns with seven interceptions. Luck has completed 70 percent of his passes for 3,170 yards and 35 touchdowns with nine picks.

Barkley looks even better if you compare their numbers against seven common opponents, six from the Pac-12 and Notre Dame. In those games, Barkley completed 71 percent of his throws for 2,125 yards and 26 touchdowns with three interceptions. Luck completed 71.4 percent for 1,837 yards and 19 touchdowns with five picks.

In USC's 38-35 win at Oregon, Barkley went 26 of 34 for 323 yards with four touchdowns and one interception. In Stanford's 53-30 loss to Oregon, the Cardinal's only defeat, Luck went 27 of 41 for 256 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions.

When they went head-to-head in Stanford's 56-48 triple overtime win over USC, Barkley was 28 of 45 for 284 yards with three touchdowns and one pick. Luck was 29 of 40 for 330 yards with three touchdowns and one pick-six.

Barkley, a draft-eligible junior who's submitted the paperwork to be considered for the NFL draft, led the Trojans to a 10-2 record. If they weren't on probation and banned from the postseason, they'd be playing Oregon again in Friday night's Pac-12 Championship Game. The senior Luck led the Cardinal to an 11-1 record, and they await their bowl matchup.

Barkley's outstanding season may not resonate in this part of the country, but it could take West Coast Heisman votes away from Luck. That could help swing a close election in Richardson's favor.

Stay tuned. Ballots are due Monday. The winner will be announced Saturday Dec. 10.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:38 am

HEISMAN WATCH

ESPN Expert’s Poll Nov. 29, 2011

1. Trent Richardson
RB
Alabama

2. Andrew Luck
QB
Stanford

3. Robert Griffin III
QB
Baylor

4. Case Keenum
QB
Houston

5. Matt Barkley
QB
USC

ESPN experts: Andrea Adelson, Edward Aschoff, Brian Bennett, Rece Davis, Heather Dinich, Matt Fortuna, Kevin Gemmell, Chris Low, Ivan Maisel, Todd McShay, Ted Miller, Dari Nowkhah, Adam Rittenberg, Mark Schlabach and David Ubben

LINK
http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman/
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:47 am

The one thing I keep telling my buddies here in Houston is.....even though we know Andrew Luck personally (I have been around Andrew many times in my buddies house) and he played at our high school, that does not make him the Heisman Winner, as much as we would like him to win.

However, the two intangible's that he has going for him....

#1 He is at the very top of every single sports writer's list of QB's. The press is in love with the kid and he WILL be the #1 pick in the draft.

#2 The fact that he left millions on the table last year, to go back to school to get his degree, sits very very well with the voters.

He truly is an outstanding young man and is and will be the same type of person that Tebow is. Perhaps not as vocal as Tim is but he is a solid, caring, talented, Catholic kid and he will go very far regardless if he wins the Heisman or not.

Pay attention to his demeanor, his speech, who he credits, etc., during the Heisman show.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:49 am

2011 Heisman Trophy Watch: Chasing Trent Richardson 6 days ago:AUBURN, AL - NOVEMBER 26: Trent Richardson #3 of the Alabama Crimson Tide celebrates his touchdown against the Auburn Tigers with Brandon Gibson #11 and mascot Big Al at Jordan-Hare Stadium on November 26, 2011 in Auburn, Alabama. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

By Bill Connelly - NCAA Football Contributor

The leader sits in the clubhouse, but a couple of contenders could still make serious noise in the midlands.

Follow @sbnation on Twitter, and Like SBNation.com on Facebook.

Dec 1, 2011 - Last week, we ditched the fancy categories and qualifiers and focused on the 10 players who still had an even semi-reasonable chance of making it to New York for the Heisman ceremony; we also more-or-less defined their requirements for winning the stiff-armed trophy. Let's revisit how each player did in regard to those requirements, and where everybody stands with just one weekend to go.

10. Kellen Moore, Boise State

What I Said: "[W]ith only games with Wyoming and New Mexico remaining, Moore could complete 100 percent of his passes for a combined 1,000 yards, and nobody would probably notice. The Broncos needed to be undefeated to give him a chance, unfortunately."

Last Week: Versus Wyoming: 24-for-36 passing (66.7%), 279 yards (7.8 per pass), three touchdowns, one interception.

This Week: Versus New Mexico (Saturday, 6:00 p.m. ET). Moore didn't complete 100 percent of his passes last week and won't this week against New Mexico, either. It really is a shame that Moore will probably finish his career a) without a ticket to New York and b) in a minor bowl. He's lost three games in three seasons, but your final chapter isn't always your greatest.

9. Russell Wilson, Wisconsin

What I Said: "[T]he more I think about it, the more I realize two things are going to trip him up: 1) Wisconsin has lost two games when they were considered a darkhorse national title contender. That qualifies as slightly 'disappointing,' even though neither loss (both last-second losses that included opponents completing long desperation passes) had hardly anything to do with Wilson. 2) He is going to split votes with Montee Ball, especially in the Midwest. Like Ball, he has a nice chance to differentiate himself against two excellent defenses, and a couple of Wisconsin blowout wins could get one Badger to New York, but neither has a chance to win, I'm afraid."

Last Week: Versus Penn State: 19-for-29 (65.6%), 186 yards (5.6 yards per pass attempt, inc. sacks), two touchdowns; five pre-sack carries, 48 yards (9.6 per carry).

This Week: Big Ten Championship versus Michigan State (Saturday, 8:00 p.m. ET). If there was room for either Wilson or Ball on the finalists list, then it's probably going to be Ball. Wilson was perfectly fine against a stellar Penn State defense, but he wasn't Ball.

8. LaMichael James, Oregon

What I Said: "Honestly, James had his chance last week. He had reentered the race despite the injury, but he gained only 78 yards on 20 carries last week in a home upset loss to USC. That loss not only knocked James out of serious Heisman contention, but more importantly, it also knocked the Ducks out of the national title hunt. With remaining games versus Oregon State and, potentially, the Pac-12 South champion in the conference title game, James could still put together enough of a resume to get to New York. But he won't win."

Last Week: Versus Oregon State: 24 carries, 142 yards (5.9 per carry), one touchdown; one catch, six yards

This Week: Pac-12 Championship versus UCLA (Friday, 8:00 p.m. ET). Thanks to Ball's performance versus Penn State, James quite possibly lost ground despite rushing for 142 yards against a key rival. He'll need a good, solid 175-200 yards against UCLA to give himself a chance of becoming a finalist. And that's amazing to say; two of last year's finalists (James, Moore) have posted fantastic stats and probably won't be finalists this year.

7. Montee Ball, Wisconsin

What I Said: "If he can post huge games against two Top 10 run defenses (according to Rushing S&P+), then in theory he could win quite a few last-second votes in the Midwest, but ... we know how this silly process works. Half of the voters have probably already decided who they're voting for, and it almost certainly isn't Ball, even though he may be the best running back in the country this year."

Last Week: Versus Penn State: 25 carries, 156 yards (6.2 per carry), four touchdowns; one catch, 15 yards.

This Week: Big Ten Championship versus Michigan State (Saturday, 8:00 p.m. ET). Penn State has one of the best run defenses in the country (among other things, they held Trent Richardson to 4.4 yards per carry), but Ball just destroyed them, averaging 6.6 yards per touch in a Wisconsin romp. If he can do the same to yet another great defense this weekend, he could slide up to No. 4 or No. 5 on the list.

6. Matt Barkley, USC

What I Said: "Barkley just got too late a start, posting solid stats in underwhelming USC wins in September. He was not included in any of my stat-based Heisman pieces here because USC was not elite in any set of stats. Still, he has had some monstrous games. ... Still, USC's season is [almost] over, and too many others got a head start on him this season. But if he chooses to return next year, with another year of getting to target Robert Woods and Marqise Lee, he will begin the season as one of the presumptive favorites."

Last Week: Versus UCLA: 35-for-42 passing (83.3%), 423 yards (9.7 yards per attempt, inc. sacks), six touchdowns

This Week: He's done, which is unfortunate because he was just incredible over the last month; in his last four games, he threw for 1,238 yards (8.7 per pass), 17 touchdowns and two interceptions. He was magnificent against Oregon, and he embarrassed USC's primary rival. He only had a couple of really nice games before November, however, and the Heisman goes to the player who was the best all year.

5. Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State

What I Said: "Weeden had gone from seventh to second on my list, but considering the numbers other front-runners have been producing, he couldn't afford a slip-up, and he suffered one. He could very well make the list of finalists, especially with some 400+ yard, four-touchdown performance in a win versus Oklahoma next week. But I will be surprised if he wins at this point."

Last Week: Oklahoma State was on bye.

This Week: Versus Oklahoma (Saturday, 8:00 p.m. ET). As with Oklahoma State's BCS chances, Weeden might still have a chance at the trophy if the 'Pokes destroy the Sooners and he's the major reason why. Weeden was so good in the two games before Iowa State (67-for-83, 925 yards, nine touchdowns, two picks) that all hope possibly isn't lost for him, but it is going to take a ridiculous performance to pass the four players above him, especially considering the No. 1 guy on the list is sitting in the clubhouse with a strong score.

4. Case Keenum, Houston

What I Said: "He has re-written the NCAA record book, and in a weaker year of candidates, he might be able to sneak out a win. He won't win, but I will be a little annoyed if Keenum remains undefeated but does not receive an invitation to New York."

Last Week: Versus Tulsa: 33-for-46 passing (71.7%), 457 yards (9.2 per attempt, inc. sacks), five touchdowns.

This Week: Conference USA Championship versus Southern Miss (Saturday, 12:00 p.m. ET). I still doubt Keenum has a chance to win (that alone might be reason for bumping Weeden to third), but he is just so damn automatic. He has produced a passer rating of under 150.0 in just one game this year, he has completed at least 62 percent of his passes in every game (at least 70 percent in seven), he has over 4,700 passing yards (with two games remaining), and his touchdown-to-interception ratio is 43-to-3. Forty-three to three! He is ridiculous. and he might be stealing a few votes from Brandon Weeden in the midlands.

3. Andrew Luck, Stanford

What I Said: "If he torches Notre Dame Saturday evening while other front-runners stagnate, we'll see. But the player who has spent most of the season as the assumed frontrunner just has not differentiated himself from quite a few other candidates. He hasn't won any more than Keenum or Weeden, he hasn't put up the gaudy stats (even when adjusting for pace) of Keenum, Wilson or Robert Griffin III, and he hasn't produced any sort of "signature" moment that voters so crave."

Last Week: Versus Notre Dame: 20-for-30 passing (66.7%), 233 yards (7.8 per attempt), four touchdowns, one interception; four carries, 20 yards.

This Week: He's done. You want consistency? Luck has completed exactly 20 of 30 passes in three of his last four games. He was good against Notre Dame, though I wouldn't say he "torched" them by any means. Being the leader all season pays its dividends, as quite a few voters probably made up their mind about Luck weeks ago. But a) he still wouldn't get my vote, and b) I don't think he's going to beat Richardson, not with Matt Barkley stealing some of his votes.

2. Robert Griffin III, Baylor

What I Said: "I think his record keeps him from winning it in the end, at least unless he produces incredible stats against Texas Tech tomorrow night and even more incredible stats versus Texas on ABC next weekend. He will have a chance to make more impressions like the one he made in Baylor's signature win over Oklahoma last weekend, but I'm just cynical enough to assume that his defense will prevent him from taking home the prize."

Last Week: Versus Texas Tech: 7-for-11 passing (63.6%), 106 yards, one touchdown (9.6 per attempt); five carries, 38 yards (7.6). Knocked out of the game in the second quarter with a concussion.

This Week: Versus Texas (Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET). For at least half an hour (before people switch to the SEC title game), Griffin will have all of America watching him. Heisman voting is unfair, of course, and I'm sure Griffin lost ground after getting concussed against Texas Tech, but he will have one last chance to make a great impression against a great defense. I'm not sure what it would take for him to win at this point (I'm thinking 300 passing yards and 100 rushing yards would be a nice place to start), but he still might surprise us.

1. Trent Richardson, Alabama
What I Said: "If Richardson posts 175 rushing yards tomorrow in a win over Auburn, then he becomes the outright favorite. If he only rushes for 100, or if Alabama loses, then he might have blown his opportunity."

Last Week: Versus Auburn: 27 carries, 203 yards (7.5 per carry); one catch, five yards, one touchdown.

This Week: He's done. I said Richardson needed 175 yards, and he got 203. With Griffin getting hurt and Luck playing at a good-not-great level, I think Richardson is absolutely in the driver's seat. That he doesn't have another game to play helps (no chance of screw anything up).
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:11 am

LaMichael James and Weeden both have chances to stir the pot. I believe with each of those teams have lost games already and each having had some sketchy games thus, they probably are out of the race. However, James plays tonight on national tv, albeit against a very boring UCLA team and Weeden plays tomorrow night against OK. If one or both of them have spectacular games, it could throw the race into some bedlam.

I believe Trent Richardson having completed his year last weekend and with the games tomorrow and another week left before the Heisman, as talented as that kid is, I think the circumstances and timing will be against him. I think it is a 2-3 person race at this point. Still a lot to transpire though! Stranger things have happened!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:16 am

I bet you a steakl dinner that Trent Richardson wins the Heisman Trophy.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:26 am

How about Newt Gingrich for winning the Heisman Trophy?

Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:47 am

You have a bet, Kenny! I will be able to tell more after tomorrow. So much depends on the games over the next two days.

As for Newt....I believe HE thinks he could win the Heisman. He is fairly cocky!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:23 am

Ok...after watching the season ending games yesterday and believe me, this is difficult, here is Pensacolakid's picks for the Heisman Winner as well as the BCS Championship game and reasons why.

In the closest Heisman race in the history of the award...

#1 Andrew Luck - simply because of the intangibles listed above. I do not agree with this pick but....

#2 Robert Griffin III - yesterday all but sealed the award for him but the intangibles above. The voters are in love with Luck!

#3 Trent Richardson - did not play yesterday and that hindered his chances.

Would not surprise me to see less than 100 votes separating all three. Anyone one of the three are deserving.

BSC Championship game...

After watching Michigan State and Wisconsin battle last night, as well as Oklahoma State, it is my expert opinion that all three of those teams could hang very tightly with the SEC and especially Alabama and LSU. Remember, I am an SEC guy and my family graduated from SEC schools. However, they have the size, speed, and talent as LSU and Alabama. Perhaps the only missing link would be depth and maybe that is where Bama and LSU have a slight edge.

Oklahoma State last night made a definitive statement. They deserve the opportunity to battle for the title the same as Alabama. Having spoken to many people, having watched every show on espn....it is unanimous, the only people that want Bama to play LSU in the BCS Championship game are Bama graduates and fans. Everyone else is saying..."been there, done that!"

Therefore, it is my pick that the BCS, after watching OK St., last night, will nudge them a 1000th of a point above Alabama and it will be...

LSU vs. Oklahoma State for the National Championship game.

Again, Bama not playing yesterday hurt them. Frankly, I believe Bama, Oklahoma State, Wisconsin or Michigan State would absolutely give LSU a run for it's money.

Bama will play in the Sugar against Stanford or Michigan State. If Bama plays in the Sugar against Stanford, it will provide an opportunity for the nation to see that as good as Andrew Luck is, he did not play against SEC caliber competition and he will get throttled the entire game.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:54 am

PensacolaKid wrote:Ok...after watching the season ending games yesterday and believe me, this is difficult, here is Pensacolakid's picks for the Heisman Winner as well as the BCS Championship game and reasons why.

In the closest Heisman race in the history of the award...

#1 Andrew Luck - simply because of the intangibles listed above. I do not agree with this pick but....

#2 Robert Griffin III - yesterday all but sealed the award for him but the intangibles above. The voters are in love with Luck!

#3 Trent Richardson - did not play yesterday and that hindered his chances.

Would not surprise me to see less than 100 votes separating all three. Anyone one of the three are deserving.

BSC Championship game...

After watching Michigan State and Wisconsin battle last night, as well as Oklahoma State, it is my expert opinion that all three of those teams could hang very tightly with the SEC and especially Alabama and LSU. Remember, I am an SEC guy and my family graduated from SEC schools. However, they have the size, speed, and talent as LSU and Alabama. Perhaps the only missing link would be depth and maybe that is where Bama and LSU have a slight edge.

Oklahoma State last night made a definitive statement. They deserve the opportunity to battle for the title the same as Alabama. Having spoken to many people, having watched every show on espn....it is unanimous, the only people that want Bama to play LSU in the BCS Championship game are Bama graduates and fans. Everyone else is saying..."been there, done that!"

Therefore, it is my pick that the BCS, after watching OK St., last night, will nudge them a 1000th of a point above Alabama and it will be...

LSU vs. Oklahoma State for the National Championship game.

Again, Bama not playing yesterday hurt them. Frankly, I believe Bama, Oklahoma State, Wisconsin or Michigan State would absolutely give LSU a run for it's money.

Bama will play in the Sugar against Stanford or Michigan State. If Bama plays in the Sugar against Stanford, it will provide an opportunity for the nation to see that as good as Andrew Luck is, he did not play against SEC caliber competition and he will get throttled the entire game.
Andrew Luck did not play yesterday either! If it’s a problem for Richardson in not playing yesterday, then it should likewise be a problem for Luck.

Actually, I'm beginning to think that Robert Griffin might be the best quarterback in the country, but not the best football player in the country. Richardson is the best football player in the country.

Because of the big win last night of Oklahoma State beating Oklahoma decisively they may deserve to play LSU in the National Championship Game. Bama had its chance to beat LSU and lost in overtime by 3 points in regular season play. So who are the best two teams in the country? It's still LSU and Alabama!

So what’s the problem? Until you have a national championship play playoff with the top 8 teams, the question will always rise about who is worthy of playing in the Championship Game.

Pensacola Kid, when Richarson wins the Heisman I would like my steak to be at McGuire’s in Pensacola. I would like my steak to be a ribeye cut on the bone cooked medium.

ROLL TIDE!
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:12 am

Ok, Kenny but I am actually confident about this. So, I would like saute'd mustrooms on top of my bone in ribeye, cooked medium. As for Luck not playing yesterday, you are correct but like I have said all along, it has been a very long time since the media was in love with a player the way they are with Luck. If you ever watched a game of his this year, just the mention of his first and last name a 1000 times a game became tiresome and annoying. I love the kid and he is talented and will go #1. However, he has those intangibles that the sports writers and voters like and I just don't think the other two, as good as they are, can compete with those intangibles. He has had two fairly spectacular seasons, each with Stanford remaining in the top ten. Yes, they do not play the caliber of competition SEC does and that SHOULD matter but the writers will overlook that.

Luck
Griffin
Richardson

In the closest race ever held.

LSU vs. Oklahoma State.....BCS Championship game.

I am with you though. I would like to see the Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton and Rose as the playoff games. Maybe another two bowls to add to this. Each game would sell out and we could have a playoff. The only reason why they are not doing it now, when ever other collegiate sport does it, is money. The BCS in my opinion, does not work.

Return to “Sports”